How Do You Send a Counted 'Thank You' on a Website?

• Thread starter Naty1
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person trying to figure out how to thank others on a forum. They eventually discover the "Thanks" button and test it out by sending each other thanks with the word "test" included. However, there seems to be a glitch as only two out of six thanks were received. The conversation also includes some humor and self-deprecation.
Naty1
I see some 'thanks' have appeared in my own 'results' ...

I have been 'clicking' around but haven't found the secret how to say that to others...

How do you send such a 'thank you' to someone so it gets 'counted' for them...

Physics news on Phys.org
The "Thanks" button is at the bottom left of every post, right next to the "Report" button.

Oh good heaven's, I looked everywhere except the individual posts!
Thanks...

OK. So let's try out this button for you... Find several of my posts and click the thanks button. When the dialog box comes along, type "test". I'll PM you the results. Be sure to 'thank' many of my posts so it will attract my attention.

No, I'm not trolling for thanks, just... beta testing! :wink:

It's got to be working because I received some 'thanks' which I never noticed previously.

I just submitted THREE 'THANKS' with 'TEST' included...enjoy!

chemisttree said:
OK. So let's try out this button for you... Find several of my posts and click the thanks button. When the dialog box comes along, type "test". I'll PM you the results. Be sure to 'thank' many of my posts so it will attract my attention.

No, I'm not trolling for thanks, just... beta testing! :wink:
:rofl:

OMG! I only received TWO! One third of my thanks are missing it seems. Feeling one third better about myself, I must say!

calm down Chemisttre.
I just sent you three more, this time individually numbered #4,#5,#6.

We should have numbered the first three.

This also shows I can count to six...

Edit: However, if I had much ability, I would have been able to find the 'thanks' button myself!

1. How do you say "thanks" in different languages?

In Spanish, you say "gracias". In French, you say "merci". In German, you say "danke". In Japanese, you say "arigato". In Chinese, you say "xièxiè".

2. Is there a universal way to say "thanks"?

No, there is not a universal way to say "thanks" as different languages and cultures have their own unique ways of expressing gratitude.

3. Are there any other ways to say "thanks" besides just saying "thanks"?

Yes, there are many other ways to express gratitude such as saying "thank you", "much appreciated", "I am grateful", "thanks a lot", or even using non-verbal gestures like a smile or a hug.

4. How do you say "thanks" in a formal setting?

In a formal setting, you can say "thank you" or "thank you very much" to express gratitude. You can also use more polite phrases such as "I am deeply grateful" or "I sincerely appreciate it".

5. Do different cultures have different ways of expressing gratitude?

Yes, different cultures have different ways of expressing gratitude. Some cultures have more elaborate customs and rituals for showing appreciation, while others may have more simple and direct ways of saying "thanks". It is important to be aware and respectful of cultural differences when expressing gratitude.