Saturday Chat: Join Us to Discuss Moving to Motion on Weekends

• Thread starter krash661
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of having a chat on Saturdays in addition to Sundays. The speaker, Dr. The Rt Hon StevieTNZ, suggests having a chat on both days and questions why it is currently only on Sundays. There is a mention of the name of the platform, Physics Forums, and how it may not necessarily limit chat to only Sundays. The reason for only having a chat on Sundays is not clearly stated, but it is mentioned that the speaker would prefer to have members on the forums. One member expresses their support for a Saturday chat, while another points out that the chat is typically on Mondays, not Sundays. The speaker acknowledges this and confirms that the chat will continue to be on Sundays.
krash661
i move to motion for chat on Saturdays also.
can we discuses this ?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm game.

We can discuss it, but we will keep it on Sundays :)

The question is the motion be agreed to. Those of that opinion for say aye, to the contrary no.

-- Dr The Rt Hon StevieTNZ
Speaker of the Maori Parliament

Greg Bernhardt said:
We can discuss it, but we will keep it on Sundays :)

i was referring to both days.
but I'm curious, is there a certain reason why it's only sunday's ?

krash661 said:
i was referring to both days.
but I'm curious, is there a certain reason why it's only sunday's ?

Because our name is Physics Forums and not Physics Chat :)

We sometimes have chat on holidays or special occasions. A notice will be posted here in feedback when that happens.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Because our name is Physics Forums and not Physics Chat :)

That doesn't imply that we can only have the chat Sunday though. Just saying.

StevieTNZ said:
That doesn't imply that we can only have the chat Sunday though. Just saying.

There is no good reason that I can give you. It's simply the fact I'd rather have members in the forums than in a chat room.

I for one would like a chat on Saturday. I almost always work Sundays and therefore don't participate. Saturday is often the only day I take off, if I take one. I think a chat and a forum are different things and serve very different purposes. I don't think a chat would affect my posting behavior on Saturday.

Greg Bernhardt said:
[...] but we will keep it on Sundays :)
But it's *never* on Sundays -- always Mondays. :-)

i understand.

1. What is "Saturday Chat"?

"Saturday Chat" is an online discussion forum where members come together to talk about various topics related to moving and exercise on weekends.

2. Who can participate in "Saturday Chat"?

Anyone can participate in "Saturday Chat". It is open to all individuals who are interested in discussing and learning more about the benefits of moving and staying active on weekends.

3. How often does "Saturday Chat" take place?

"Saturday Chat" takes place every week on Saturdays. It is a recurring event that happens at the same time each week to allow for consistency and regular participation.

4. What are the benefits of participating in "Saturday Chat"?

Participating in "Saturday Chat" allows individuals to learn more about the benefits of staying active on weekends and to connect with others who have similar interests. It also provides a supportive and motivating environment for individuals to share their own experiences and challenges with incorporating movement into their weekends.

5. How can I join "Saturday Chat"?

To join "Saturday Chat", simply visit the designated online forum or platform where the discussions take place. You may also need to register or create an account if it is your first time participating. Once you are in the forum, you can join the ongoing discussions and share your thoughts and ideas with the group.