Weight to pmol/l for nucleotides

• Thread starter sotellme
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Weight
In summary, to convert weight to pmol/l for nucleotides, you will need to know the molecular weight of the specific nucleotide and use the formula: pmol/l = (weight in grams * 6.022 * 10^23) / (molecular weight of nucleotide). The average molecular weight of nucleotides is around 330 g/mol. Converting weight to pmol/l is important for easier comparison and analysis of nucleotide concentrations in different samples. There are many online tools available for this conversion, such as the "Molecular Weight Calculator" from Sigma-Aldrich and the "Nucleotide Conversion Tool" from Thermo Fisher Scientific. The weight of a specific nucleotide can be determined by multiplying
sotellme
How can i transform weight into pmol/l when i have to prepare the primers?

Which formula should i use to know this transformation?

The protocol; Dissolve dried primer stocks at 100 pmol/l in RNAse-free water and store at -20°C.

Thanks.

Biology news on Phys.org
You need to know the sequence of your primers, then it's just basic chemistry where you calculate your molecular weight to determine molarity.

What if my primer has 6 nucleotides do you know how i can calculate into 100 pmol/l?

Thanks.

1. How do you convert weight to pmol/l for nucleotides?

To convert from weight (in grams) to pmol/l for nucleotides, you will need to know the molecular weight of the specific nucleotide. Then, you can use the following formula:
pmol/l = (weight in grams * 6.022 * 10^23) / (molecular weight of nucleotide)

2. What is the molecular weight of nucleotides?

The molecular weight of nucleotides can vary depending on the specific type of nucleotide. However, on average, the molecular weight is around 330 g/mol.

3. Why is it important to convert weight to pmol/l for nucleotides?

Converting weight to pmol/l for nucleotides allows for easier comparison and analysis of nucleotide concentrations in different samples. It also helps to standardize measurements and ensure accurate results in experiments.

4. Are there any online tools available for converting weight to pmol/l for nucleotides?

Yes, there are many online calculators and conversion tools available for converting weight to pmol/l for nucleotides. Some examples include the "Molecular Weight Calculator" from Sigma-Aldrich and the "Nucleotide Conversion Tool" from Thermo Fisher Scientific.

5. How do you determine the weight of a specific nucleotide?

The weight of a specific nucleotide can be determined by multiplying the number of atoms of each element in the nucleotide by their respective atomic weights and adding them together. Alternatively, you can also use online databases or software programs to find the molecular weight of a specific nucleotide.