How Do I Tackle These Classical Mechanics Review Problems?

In summary, the student is looking for help with problem review from an expert in the field. They are having difficulty understanding and working through the problems.
belleamie
Review problem for classical, help please!

Hi I just started my classical mechanics class, and I was given this: a bunch of problems (image attached) (and one that I pulled from the notes I didnt know how to do as well.) that I could do for practice to refresh for the class, problem is I have no clue where and how to do any of these problems! I'm lost and this is the reivew :-( could anyone please help me figure out how to do these, I need to make sure i know how these are done for my quiz which I'm told is similar to these types of probelms or at least if I know how to do these I will be fine this friday.

A) Given ((mdx^2)/(dt^2))=F(x)
prove conservation of energy

Attachments

• classmechhw.jpg
    classmechhw.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 457
Physics news on Phys.org
To prove conservation of energy, I assume that you want to derive the work-energy theorem. Start with Newton's 2nd law and remember that you can express the time rate of change of velocity (dv/dt) in terms of its space rate of change(dv/dx) as follows:

(dv/dt) = v (dv/dx)

Hint: you will need to use the product rule of differentiation, but in a indirect way...

Can anyone help me with the review problems in my image please?

Can anyone help me with the review problems in my image please?

question1
integrate xdoubledot=0. to find xdot and x. If you have problems with xdoubledot review...if you can't ...then perhaps analyical mech is not for you.

when you find hte general solution by integration solve for each selected problem given the parameters into xdot and x

question2. force of g-force - force of friction. Review your undegrad text for terminal velocity.

question3. there's a physics link to mathworld.com...and again review your text(phys or calc). Find how to find a period given a trig function then find itfor the summation of a trig function. Differentiate the given equation for b.

For c i hope you remember how to solve a linear system because that's what there asking...subs given values of x,t get 2 equations and solve.

1. What is classical review problem?

The classical review problem is a mathematical problem that aims to find the best or most optimal solution to a given set of constraints and objectives. It is often used in fields such as operations research, engineering, and economics.

2. How is the classical review problem solved?

The classical review problem is typically solved using mathematical techniques such as linear programming, dynamic programming, and game theory. These techniques involve formulating the problem as a mathematical model and using algorithms to find the optimal solution.

3. What are the applications of classical review problem?

The classical review problem has a wide range of applications in various industries and fields. It can be used to optimize production processes, resource allocation, transportation planning, and financial planning, among others.

4. What are the limitations of classical review problem?

One of the main limitations of classical review problem is that it assumes a perfect, predictable world with no uncertainty. In reality, many factors are unpredictable and can affect the optimal solution. Additionally, the problem may become computationally complex for large-scale problems.

5. How does classical review problem differ from other problem-solving methods?

Classical review problem differs from other problem-solving methods in that it focuses on finding the optimal solution based on a set of constraints and objectives, rather than finding any feasible solution. It also utilizes mathematical models and algorithms, whereas other methods may rely on intuition or trial and error.