How many citations to Reuter before yearend?

• Thread starter marcus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Citations
In summary: How many UK downloads before year-end of the Ashtekar-Bojowald "hole-bang" paper? it is a landmark paper: venturing into new territory---but the title is comparatively unevocative. I am curious to know what people guess about the extent it will be read. I have guessed 60-79 UK downloads.The Ashtekar-Bojowald "hole-bang" paper has not yet been released. So nobody can guess how many UK downloads it will have by year-end.

How many citations to "Fractal Spacetime Structure" by yearend?

• Total voters
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Kea and I were talking about the latest paper by Reuter and Lauscher, which showed fractal-like spacetime structure at very small scale.

http://www.arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/0508202
Fractal Spacetime Structure in Asymptotically Safe Gravity
O. Lauscher, M. Reuter

It came out a few days ago and already has one citation. How many do you guess it will have by 31 December?

Kea said:
Hi Marcus

I can't imagine how people estimate these things. I really have no idea: but for fun, I'll guess 10, because I like their work.

:smile: Kea

marcus said:
I like their work too a whole bunch. I will start a forecast poll thread. I think the choices will be

1 (which they have now, so zero more this year.)
4 (which I guess, that means three additional citations before yearend)
over 6 (that would include your guess of ten citations)

Physics news on Phys.org
Keaaaahhh!

:smile:

thanks. that was quick. now we have two guesses

selfAdjoint said "2 or 3" citations was what he expect. have to see which one he picks as his final choice.

marcus said:
Keaaaahhh!

:smile:

thanks. that was quick. now we have two guesses

selfAdjoint said "2 or 3" citations was what he expect. have to see which one he picks as his final choice.

Happy now? I went way out on a limb, considering the time frame. You can't just write up a paper on a weekend.

selfAdjoint said:
Happy now? I went way out on a limb, considering the time frame. You can't just write up a paper on a weekend.

Happy :smile:

actually the timeframe worries me too. it is hard to imagine anybody writing another paper and posting it in the remaining two months after the conference, when it has to do with anything as weird as microscopic fractal structure of spacetime

marcus said:
Happy :smile:

actually the timeframe worries me too. it is hard to imagine anybody writing another paper and posting it in the remaining two months after the conference, when it has to do with anything as weird as microscopic fractal structure of spacetime

I talked myself into it by imagining competing groups of multiple authors, each with a killer insight, and a lot of cutting and pasting. And I assumed the Distler coup d'etat wouldn't get in the way.

After thinking about your reasons and reviewing the situation, I suspect that given the chance I would change my guess to 2. But the rules are you can't change.

Overall I think we have already a fine bunch of predictions! Kea's extravagantly optimistic "7 up" guess puts everyone at their ease, like a gracious hostess at a party. (thinks: after that nothing I say would sound unreasonable.)

To summarize: how many citations will Lauscher/Reuter "Fractal Spacetime Structure" have by year-end?

selfAdjoint predicts 3
Alamino and I predict 4
Spin Network predicts 5
Kea says 7 or more because she likes their work

We check, to find out the winner, any time after 31 December 2005 at either of these addresses:
http://citebase.eprints.org/cgi-bin/citations?id=oai:arXiv.org:hep-th/0508202

http://www.arxiv.org/cits/hep-th/0508202

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohwilleke has contributed his forecast. Here is how things stand:

How many citations will Lauscher/Reuter "Fractal Spacetime Structure" have by year-end?

Ohwilleke predicts 2
selfAdjoint predicts 3
Alamino and I predict 4
Spin Network predicts 5
Kea says 7 or more because she likes their work

We check, to find out the winner, any time after 31 December 2005 at either of these addresses:
http://citebase.eprints.org/cgi-bin/citations?id=oai:arXiv.org:hep-th/0508202

http://www.arxiv.org/cits/hep-th/0508202

=======================

Only two people have registered guesses on the other forecast poll that is open!

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=90199

How many UK downloads before year-end of the Ashtekar-Bojowald "hole-bang" paper? it is a landmark paper: venturing into new territory---but the title is comparatively unevocative. I am curious to know what people guess about the extent it will be read. I have guessed 60-79 UK downloads.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I find out how many citations Reuter has before the end of the year?

To find out how many citations Reuter has before the end of the year, you can use a citation database such as Web of Science or Google Scholar. Simply search for Reuter's name or publications and set the date range to before the end of the year.

2. Is there a specific number of citations that Reuter needs to reach before the end of the year?

There is no specific number of citations that Reuter needs to reach before the end of the year. The number of citations a scientist receives is dependent on many factors such as the quality and impact of their research, the field they are working in, and the journals they publish in.

3. Can I predict how many citations Reuter will have before the end of the year?

It is difficult to predict exactly how many citations Reuter will have before the end of the year. However, you can use citation metrics such as the h-index or impact factor to get an idea of the impact of Reuter's research and potential citation count.

4. Is having a high number of citations important for Reuter's career?

Having a high number of citations can be important for Reuter's career, as it can indicate the impact and significance of their research. However, it is not the only factor that determines a scientist's success and should not be the sole focus of their career.

5. Can Reuter increase their citation count before the end of the year?

It is possible for Reuter to increase their citation count before the end of the year by publishing new research, collaborating with other scientists, and promoting their work through social media and other platforms. However, the number of citations is ultimately dependent on the quality and impact of their research and cannot be guaranteed.