What kind of students use this forum?

In summary, this forum is great for high school students who want to learn more about physics and other scientific fields. There are professionals here who can help with any questions.
noone123
I'm quite new...
Everything posted here looks so uni-level. Any high school students?

Physics news on Phys.org
It depends where you visit.

The homework section "Introductory Physics" has a lot of high school stuff.

When questions get asked else where, they can quickly get into a lot of detail and go above just being a high school question.

Your response will also be tailored to your level and abilities if you make them clear, and ask a clear question. People want to help you here, not just talk over your head, but if they do, just ask for an explanation that you can understand. You might be surprised how quickly you begin to no longer need that...

I started using this site when I was in high school. It helped me learn and be a lot more willing to learn :)

I have learned that there are people here that can explain Quantum Mechanics to my cat and have her understand it, and then there are people that make me feel like the cat when they explain it.

Drakkith said:
I have learned that there are people here that can explain Quantum Mechanics to my cat and have her understand it, and then there are people that make me feel like the cat when they explain it.

Are you in a superposition of understanding and not understanding?

nismaratwork said:
Are you in a superposition of understanding and not understanding?

Im always sometimes not understanding.

Drakkith said:
Im always sometimes not understanding.

I asked for that...

nismaratwork said:
I asked for that...

Or maybe you didn't...:rofl:

Drakkith said:
Or maybe you didn't...:rofl:

I yield sir! I yield! :biggrin:

nismaratwork said:
I yield sir! I yield! :biggrin:

Excellent! Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

Drakkith said:
Excellent! Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

I withdraw from the field!

[URL]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared0018.gif[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
noone123 said:
Any high school students?

I am. I usually ask questions that are either irrelevant to my school course and I cannot ask from the school teachers or I think might be stupid to ask. And most of my questions have been given answers that I understand completely.

PrincePhoenix said:
I am. I usually ask questions that are either irrelevant to my school course and I cannot ask from the school teachers or I think might be stupid to ask. And most of my questions have been given answers that I understand completely.

Ah, I remember my high school days...SO glad to be out on my own now. Much better. =)

I am a high schooler who is taking over the world via Internet. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

nismaratwork said:
I withdraw from the field!

[PLAIN]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared0018.gif[/QUOTE]
But you don't. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
FtlIsAwesome said:

Zing!

FtlIsAwesome said:

And thus I return!

I'm struck that this forum ranges from reaching out to HS'ers, to professionals in their respective fields. If the old adage about being able to teach is true, it's a testament to the brain trust that exists here.

Any commerce student here? i took an admission for a bachelors degree in math and physics but before even properly starting my studies i had to switch to commerce which i will always regret:cry: now its been almost two years(forgot almost every things about physics) and i think now i am restricted to general discussion and S&D:cry:.

FizixFreak said:
Any commerce student here? i took an admission for a bachelors degree in math and physics but before even properly starting my studies i had to switch to commerce which i will always regret:cry: now its been almost two years(forgot almost every things about physics) and i think now i am restricted to general discussion and S&D:cry:.

What makes you think we allow commerce students in S&D?

a electronics engineering student

Ivan Seeking said:

You dont? well that very mean of you:mad:

What kind of students use this forum? Smart students.
FizixFreak said:
You dont? well that very mean of you:mad:
He didn't say he didn't. He asked what made you think that he did.

Ivan Seeking said:

We need a "snap" emoticon...

nismaratwork said:
We need a "snap" emoticon...

From that i understand that you are also a commerce student right?

Nice picture by the way it looks like Iori Yagami from king of fighters!

Last edited:
FizixFreak said:
From that i understand that you are also a commerce student right?

Nice picture by the way it looks like Iori Yagami from king of fighters!

Hmmm, not a commerce student here, but don't worry, he was joking around.

The pic is Alucard from 'Hellsing', so definitely in the same vein.

nismaratwork said:
Hmmm, not a commerce student here, but don't worry, he was joking around.

Yes i know he was kidding why wouldn't he let a friend of chuck Norris enter in any section of this forum!

I'm studying Advanced Technology at a Dutch university, nice to meet you.

nismaratwork said:

In other words, the most badass character in any show, live-action or animated, to exist.

"Life is full of decisons. Sometimes you make the right ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses."
Ooooh... Ouch...

On another topic, I wonder where the OP is.

luitzen said:
I'm studying Advanced Technology at a Dutch university, nice to meet you.

Hello Luitzen, it's a pleasure to meet you as well.

@Char: I would have to agree with that, but don't forget debonaire! :wink:

@Fit: Niiiiice emoticon.

I have to admit, I wonder where the OP is too, but hopefully this was of some interest.

Ahh it's good to know that there are students here that are at my level. It's pretty awsome that there are people who are highly experienced in one or more areas contributing in this forum.

The regular kind I expect although some may be extraordinary. It's hard to tell only been here a week, I've not seen extraordinary anywhere yet, I'll let you know if I do.

Yes I did read the OP. :wink:

Hello all! I'm new here, from Malaysia. Just so you're wondering where it is located, it's somewhere around South East Asia, above Singapore and below Thailand. I'm a college student studying Cambridge A-Levels now by the way! :)

Nicholasng925 said:
Hello all! I'm new here, from Malaysia. Just so you're wondering where it is located, it's somewhere around South East Asia, above Singapore and below Thailand. I'm a college student studying Cambridge A-Levels now by the way! :)

It's alright I'm not from the US we learn geography over here. We tend to know a lot about areas especially when they areas we once owned in our more colonialistic past. :wink:

I know low blow to the Yanks, but come on George Iraq! I know they share 3 letters but! :tongue:

And good for you!

I'm a "mature" student studying maths & physics p/t AAMOI.