Register to reply

Feynman diagram in QCD

by Thor Shen
Tags: diagram, feynman
Share this thread:
Thor Shen
Feb23-14, 02:34 AM
P: 9

the number stand for the index of particles (quarks and gluons)
[itex]M=\bar{v}(p_2) ig_sT_{12}\gamma^\mu(12)u(p_1)\frac{-i}{p_7^2}\bar{u}(p_5) ig_sT_{56}\gamma_\mu(56)\bar{v}(p_6)\frac{-i}{m-\gamma^\mu p_{9\mu}}\bar{v}(p_3) ig_sT_{34}\gamma^\mu(34)u(p_4)\frac{-i}{p_8^2}\bar{u}(p_5)ig_sT_{56}\gamma_\mu(56)\bar{v}(p_6)[/itex]
[itex]u(p_i)[/itex] and [itex]v(p_i)[/itex] stand for the wave function of quark and antiquark, respectively. [itex]p_i[/itex] stand for the four momentum
I am studying the QCD right now. Do I write the amplitude above right?
Someone recommend me a textbook by T.Muta. But I make some confusion when I confront complex diagrams like above. Which book or paper can tell me about this? Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Untitled.jpg  
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Mapping the optimal route between two quantum states
Spin-based electronics: New material successfully tested
Verifying the future of quantum computing
Hepth
Feb23-14, 05:20 AM
PF Gold
P: 466
I like to structure it more as to not make mistakes:

##\def\lts#1{\kern+0.1em /\kern-0.45em #1}
\bar{u}_6 (-i g_s \gamma_{\mu} T^a) \frac{i}{\lts{p}_9 - m}(-i g_s \gamma_{\nu} T^b) u_5##
##\times \left(\bar{u}_4 (-i g_s \gamma_{\alpha} T^c) u_3\right)##
##\times \left(\bar{u}_2 (-i g_s \gamma_{\beta} T^d) u_1\right)##
##\times \left( -i \frac{g^{\mu \alpha} \delta^{ac}}{p_8^2} \right) \times \left( -i \frac{g^{\nu \beta} \delta^{bd}}{p_7^2} \right) ##

My convention is to always start with outgoing, working AGAINST the arrows (particle flow), and for fermion propagators write the momentum such that it goes WITH the arrow, and use ##\def\lts#1{\kern+0.1em /\kern-0.45em #1} i \frac{\lts{p}+m}{p^2-m^2}## which will be right.

You have a couple small errors I think. Also, I assumed those gauge bosons were gluons, though normally that would be the springy/curly line, not the wavy one. Wavy is reserved for basically all spin-1 bosons (gamma, w z) except the gluon.
Thor Shen
Feb23-14, 07:19 AM
Yes, the gauge bosons were gluons. I will take care next time,thanks!

dauto
Feb23-14, 07:36 AM
Thanks
P: 1,948
Feynman diagram in QCD

Quote Quote by Thor Shen View Post
Do I write the amplitude above right?
First thing I noticed was that you used the index μ twice (two pairs). You should make sure to use different indices for different gluons.
dauto
Feb23-14, 07:58 AM
Thanks
P: 1,948
@ Hepth: Shouldn't you have used u's and v's instead of all u's for the external legs? I think Thor Shen had that right.
Thor Shen
Feb23-14, 08:07 AM
Quote Quote by dauto View Post
First thing I noticed was that you used the index μ twice (two pairs). You should make sure to use different indices for different gluons.
Yes. Firstly, I write the same index for omitting the delta functions. But the two pairs will mislead using Einstein's reduction rule, the latter one should be [itex]\nu[/itex]. Of course, the complete form should be written by Hepth.
Hepth
Feb23-14, 08:43 AM
PF Gold
P: 466
Quote Quote by dauto View Post
@ Hepth: Shouldn't you have used u's and v's instead of all u's for the external legs? I think Thor Shen had that right.
I don't really know what his process is, as it doesn't seem to have a specific time direction, so I just used generic spinors. Its its a 1 -> 5 process then yes, some of those need to be changed from u to v on the two bottom channels.

I guess it might make the most sense as a strong decay of some meson from the top down now that Im thinking about it deeper than a diagram. I always go from left to right as in to out states.
Thor Shen
Feb23-14, 10:06 AM
The diagram is from the proton-antiproton annihilation into two mesons.

Register to reply