Temperature of the back of a turbine jet engine (or something like that)

In summary, the conversation is about the temperature at the back of a normal turbine jet engine, specifically in modern fighter planes. The person asking the question was not able to find the information on Wikipedia and is now asking for help. A reference to a Wikipedia article is provided and it is mentioned that different types of jet engines have different exhaust temperatures. The temperature of combustion is located about 2/3 of the way down the page. The person is thankful for the information and can now continue with their calculations and experimentation.
strawmilk
can anybody please tell me the temperature (degrees Celsius please.) there is at the back of a normal turbine jet engine (or something like that:tongue2: )?? i couldn't find it on wikipedia or something like that:frown: so i ask it here:approve:

Engineering news on Phys.org
There is an extremely wide range - could you be more specific as to what type and under what operating conditions?

hmm
i think the types used in modern fighter planes, in the air or something
i need the temperatures for calculations for my idea

There is a pretty good introductory treatment of the different types of jet engines at wikipedia.org:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_engine

As Russ says, and as the article discusses, different jet engine types have different exhaust temperatures. High-bypass designs obviously cool off the exhaust more than low-bypass types. The temperature of the combustion is given about 2/3 of the way down the long page.

thank you very much
now i can go on calculating and experimenting ;)

1. What is the ideal temperature for the back of a turbine jet engine?

The ideal temperature for the back of a turbine jet engine, also known as the exhaust gas temperature (EGT), can vary depending on the specific engine and its operating conditions. However, in general, the EGT should be around 1,600-2,000 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. How is the temperature of the back of a turbine jet engine measured?

The temperature of the back of a turbine jet engine is typically measured using thermocouples, which are small temperature sensors that are placed at various points in the engine. These sensors can withstand high temperatures and provide accurate readings of the EGT.

3. Why is the temperature of the back of a turbine jet engine important?

The temperature of the back of a turbine jet engine is important because it affects the efficiency and performance of the engine. If the temperature is too high, it can cause damage to the engine and decrease its lifespan. On the other hand, if the temperature is too low, it can lead to inefficient combustion and reduced power output.

4. What factors can affect the temperature of the back of a turbine jet engine?

There are several factors that can affect the temperature of the back of a turbine jet engine, including the air temperature, altitude, engine load, and fuel mixture. Additionally, the design and condition of the engine itself can also impact the EGT.

5. How is the temperature of the back of a turbine jet engine controlled?

The temperature of the back of a turbine jet engine is primarily controlled through the fuel-to-air ratio. By adjusting the amount of fuel being injected into the engine, the temperature can be regulated to ensure that it stays within the optimal range. Advanced engines also have computer systems that monitor and adjust the fuel mixture in real-time to maintain a consistent EGT.