Not-So-Scientific Observations: Do You Notice the Same?

• Thread starter Artman
  • Start date
In summary, someone always leaves the details to be filled in, and someone always leaves the story unfinished.
Artman
Did you ever notice...

that it always seems to rain on the night you put your trash or recyclables out? I always feel sorry for the people that have to collect them.

Anyone else have any not-so-scientific observations?

Physics news on Phys.org
when you say something like "it's BOUND to rain today" it doesnt. It just looks overcast and threatens to rain..

OR you think "ooh, its sunny this morning, i won't need my raincoat", then as soon as you go out, it pisses down ALL day... bloody England.

When you decide to drive at night in a see-thru nightgown, you will get in a wreck. Not me...my girlfriend. I only wear non see-thru nightgowns when I drive. :biggrin:

When you know an important parcel/person is going to be at your house in the morning, and you wait for ages for it, and then when you take a shower, the postie/person rings the bell. The amount of times i have scared the postman by answering the door dripping wet with a towel round my waist...

jimmy p said:
OR you think "ooh, its sunny this morning, i won't need my raincoat", then as soon as you go out, it pisses down ALL day... bloody England.

lol poor you. Where I live, it's very easy to smell when it is about to rain.

Evo said:
When you decide to drive at night in a see-thru nightgown, you will get in a wreck. Not me...my girlfriend. I only wear non see-thru nightgowns when I drive. :biggrin:

First of all, I hope she wasn't seriously injured. Second, did she have a coat or anything to cover up with? :eek: Details, we need details! :eek: :biggrin:

Did you ever notice that someone will start an interesting story and then leave you hanging for the details! :biggrin:

Artman said:
First of all, I hope she wasn't seriously injured. Second, did she have a coat or anything to cover up with? :eek: Details, we need details! :eek: :biggrin:

Did you ever notice that someone will start an interesting story and then leave you hanging for the details! :biggrin:
No injuries, it was pouring down rain and she skidded into a ditch. Nothing to cover up with, I don't think it was extremely see through, but bad enough.

Ever since that happened to her, I make sure that I am always dressed for a public audience when I get into the car.

if it were white then...

When you need something the most it is never there...

I also have a problem that i look at my watch at exactly the same time every day...11:11 am... it freaks me out so much.

Ah, jimmy p, that can be easily explained by a phenomenon originating from your circadian clock.

My locker never opens when I'm in a bad mood.
When I think a day is going to be boring, it turns out to be good.
If I think a day is going to be bad, its good (or rarely, its bad) and vice versa
When I think I'm going to be late for P.E., I'm always really early.

Like Newton said : for every reaction, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Evo said:
They say it was just such an incident that cured J. Edgar Hoover of the see-thru nightgown habit.

Everytime i feel like being an ass and shake up my friend's beer, i alway give him the wrong one... must be karma or something...

jimmy p said:
Everytime i feel like being an ass and shake up my friend's beer, i alway give him the wrong one... must be karma or something...
Don't ever try to poison someone dear. :eek:

what? how does that poison people? if anything I am poisoning myself...is that ok?

Yea that's fine jimmy

When everything seems to be going perfectly and couldn't be any better something always screws it up and makes everything real ****ty.

I always seem to look at the VCR clock at exactly 0:00.. Even if it's daytime..

jimmy p said:
what? how does that poison people? if anything I am poisoning myself...is that ok?
You didn't get it! If you end up drinking the beer you intended to give your friend...

I'm not mean enough to poison people's... but after Andy's comment i make an exception!

...well as long as I get the RIGHT ONE!

lol lol lol, that's the 10 characters.

1. What are not-so-scientific observations?

Not-so-scientific observations refer to observations made without following the scientific method. These observations may lack proper controls, accurate measurements, and systematic data collection, making them less reliable.

2. Why are not-so-scientific observations important?

Not-so-scientific observations can still provide valuable insights and potential ideas for further scientific research. They can also help scientists identify patterns or phenomena that may be worth investigating further.

3. How do not-so-scientific observations differ from scientific observations?

Not-so-scientific observations lack the rigor and structure of scientific observations. They may be based on personal biases, limited data, and lack of proper controls, whereas scientific observations are carefully planned, controlled, and measured.

4. Can not-so-scientific observations be used to make scientific conclusions?

While not-so-scientific observations can provide valuable insights, they should not be used as the sole basis for making scientific conclusions. They should be followed up with proper scientific research and data collection to ensure accuracy and reliability.

5. What are some examples of not-so-scientific observations?

Some examples of not-so-scientific observations include personal anecdotes, hearsay, and observations based on limited data or personal biases. They can also include observations made without proper controls or systematic data collection.