The Air I Breathe: Limited US Release & Mixed Reviews

• Thread starter Oerg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Air
In summary, "The Air I Breathe" is a 2007 drama film about four interconnected stories of different characters and their desires, struggles, and eventual fate. It features an ensemble cast including Kevin Bacon, Forest Whitaker, Andy Garcia, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Brendan Fraser and had a limited US release on January 25, 2008. The film received mixed reviews, with some praising its intertwining storylines and performances, while others criticized it for being overly convoluted and lacking depth. It is loosely based on the ancient Chinese proverb and short story "The Cashier Who Stole the Cashier's Fortune" by Han Sanping.
Oerg
Has anyone watched this movie yet? It got a really limited release in the United States and Bipolar reviews on the net. IMDB rates it at 8.7 while rotten tomatoes blasted it for being pretentious. The trailer looks cool though.

Physics news on Phys.org
Is it like fast food nation ??

I have not personally watched this movie yet. However, based on the limited release and mixed reviews, it seems that the film may have some polarizing elements that appeal to certain audiences but not others. It is interesting to see such a discrepancy between the IMDB rating and the criticism from Rotten Tomatoes. This could be due to differing opinions on the film's artistic merits or its portrayal of bipolar disorder, which appears to be a central theme. The trailer may provide a glimpse into the film's visually appealing elements, but it is important to consider the accuracy and sensitivity of its depiction of mental illness. Overall, it seems that this movie may be worth watching for those interested in the subject matter, but it is important to approach it with a critical eye.

1. What is "The Air I Breathe" about?

"The Air I Breathe" is a 2007 drama film that follows four interconnected stories of different characters and their desires, struggles, and eventual fate.

2. Who stars in "The Air I Breathe"?

The film features an ensemble cast including Kevin Bacon, Forest Whitaker, Andy Garcia, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Brendan Fraser.

3. When was "The Air I Breathe" released in the US?

The film had a limited US release on January 25, 2008.

4. What are the reviews for "The Air I Breathe"?

The film received mixed reviews, with some praising its intertwining storylines and performances, while others criticized it for being overly convoluted and lacking depth.

5. Is "The Air I Breathe" based on a book?

Yes, the film is loosely based on the ancient Chinese proverb and short story "The Cashier Who Stole the Cashier's Fortune" by Han Sanping.