Final Exam Help - Grade 11 Physics

• Thread starter TigerWoods
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exam Final
In summary, the conversation is about a student in grade 11 seeking help for their physics final exam. They are specifically looking for good notes to study, with a focus on the topics of "Dynamics," "Sound Intensity," "Doppler Effect," and "Standing Waves." They also ask for clarification on the notation used in a question about finding the acceleration of a person on a slide being pulled by two people in different directions. The summary also includes a suggested method for solving the question using components and the Pythagorean theorem.
TigerWoods
Hi, I am in grade 11 and need some help for my final exam in physics. I have read the one of the sticky posts and I am not looking for someone to do my homework, just looking for some good notes that I can use to study.

The first topic that I need help on is on "Dynamics" The question is on Fnet. "A person of mass 70kg is sitting on a 20kg slide. If two people are pulling her with two different ropes, find the persons acceleration. the force of person1 is 50N [E40*N] and the force of person2 is 60N [E25*S]
I would like this explained to me as if you were trying to teach a 10 year old this :biggrin:

I also need examples/notes on the following topics (I missed these class do to sickness, and I missed all the notes, tryed to get them from classmates, long story) "Sound Intesity" "Doppler Effect" and "Standing Waves". If you could explain to me these in plain english with examples, that would be of much help.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
What exactly do you mean by [E40*N] and [E25*S]??

I assume it is a code for the direction, but I am not familiar with this notation.

I would assume [E40*N] is "East, 40 degrees N" (40 degrees north of east) and [E25S] is "East 25 degrees S" (25 degrees south of east)

I hope that's a VERY bright 10 year old!

There are a number of different ways to handle this but I would find the east and nort components of each force. The first has n component 50*cos(40) and e component 50*sin(40). The second has n component -60 cos(25) and e component 60 sin(25). Add those to get the n and e components of the force on the person and sled. the "Pythagorean" theorem to get the actual magnitude of that force. Finally use "force equals mass times acceleration" to find acceleration.

1. What are the key topics covered in the Grade 11 Physics final exam?

The Grade 11 Physics final exam covers topics such as motion, energy, forces, electricity, magnetism, light, and waves. It is important to review all of these topics thoroughly in order to do well on the exam.

2. How can I prepare for the Grade 11 Physics final exam?

To prepare for the final exam, it is important to review all of the material covered throughout the year. This can include going over class notes, completing practice problems, and studying from textbooks or online resources. It is also helpful to discuss concepts with classmates and attend review sessions offered by the teacher.

3. Are there any specific formulas or equations I should memorize for the final exam?

Yes, there are several key formulas and equations that you should be familiar with for the Grade 11 Physics final exam. These include equations for motion, energy, forces, and electricity. It is important to practice using these equations and understand how to apply them in different situations.

4. Will the final exam include any practical or hands-on components?

The final exam for Grade 11 Physics may include some practical or hands-on components, such as performing experiments or solving problems using real-world scenarios. It is important to be familiar with the equipment and techniques used in the laboratory, as well as understanding how to analyze and interpret data.

5. How much time will I have to complete the final exam?

The amount of time given to complete the Grade 11 Physics final exam will vary depending on your school and teacher. Generally, you can expect to have a few hours to complete the exam. It is important to manage your time effectively and allocate enough time for each section or question on the exam.