Do I Have Colorblindness? Test Your Eyes Here

• Thread starter europium
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Eyes Test
In summary: A total of 3 people are seeing the colors differently. 2 people are using laptops and 1 person is using a flat panel display.
europium
is there something wrong with my eyes? :eek:

Can anyone else see a difference in the last 6 'colours' in this set:

http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/WhiteChart.html

Cheers K_

Biology news on Phys.org
turquoise, green, blue, yellow, pink, beige

Maybe it's your browser or your computerscreen, the hues are REALLY subtle :smile:

OH wait! The colors are noted next to it :tongue2: didn't see that, well, it seems they've got their blue en green mixed around.. seashell and icy pink are mixed around too.. tsk tsk..

I can see different colors, but their descriptions of the colors are wrong.

Odd, because I see, in order:

Lavender
blue
green
yellow
light beige
pink

exactly how described by the page.

Under what lighting conditions are you guys viewing your screen?
Right now for me it's incandescent lights. Or it could be the gamma setting for on your video.

Just in case, right click on your desktop background, click "properties," click the "settings" tab, and make sure your color depth is "32 bit."

Weird, the first and the last are indifferent

russ_watters said:
Just in case, right click on your desktop background, click "properties," click the "settings" tab, and make sure your color depth is "32 bit."
hm, it was set to 16 bit, but it's still the same with the 32 bit..

I couldn't see the last 6 colours at first glance either. But just a slight tilt of my laptop screen away from me and the 6 colours were reavealed!

aha i find your small trick has also worked for me

K_

That's funny, when I tilt my screen the green becomes blue and all the colors become really strong :O (colors are still mixed around though)

Monique said:
:eek: really? Do you have color blindness by any chance? http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.html
Not in the least. I've always past every such tests with flying colors :wink:
Besides, just to be safe, I asked both my wife and daughter to double check me, and they both agreed that with the same colors I saw.

How many of you that see the colors differently are using laptops or flat panel displays? Their displays are sensitive to ambient light conditions which CRT monitors aren't.

The other colors are really off too, from the top it is:
navy green
light navy green
lilac
blue
grey
purple
grey navy green
tan

Last edited:

1. What is colorblindness?

Colorblindness, also known as color vision deficiency, is a condition where an individual has difficulty distinguishing between certain colors. This can be caused by a genetic mutation or damage to the cells in the retina.

2. How common is colorblindness?

About 1 in 12 men and 1 in 200 women worldwide are affected by some form of colorblindness. It is more common in men because the genes responsible for color vision are located on the X chromosome.

3. How do I know if I have colorblindness?

You can take a colorblindness test, either online or with an eye doctor, to determine if you have color vision deficiency. These tests involve looking at a series of colored images and identifying numbers or shapes within them. If you have difficulty seeing the numbers or shapes, you may have colorblindness.

4. Can colorblindness be treated?

Colorblindness cannot be cured, but there are some tools and techniques that can help individuals with color vision deficiency better distinguish colors. This includes special glasses and color vision correction software.

5. Are there different types of colorblindness?

Yes, there are different types of colorblindness, including red-green colorblindness, blue-yellow colorblindness, and complete colorblindness. Each type is caused by a different genetic mutation or damage to different cells in the retina.