Solving the Abaqus CAE 'KeyError' Issue

• Thread starter bill nye scienceguy!
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Abaqus
In summary, The user is trying to create a report of xy data in Abaqus CAE, but is facing KeyError:RF or KeyError:U errors. They have searched online for a solution, but have only found one person mentioning it as a bug in version 6.8.1, which is fixed in 6.8.3. However, the user is unable to update to the newer version due to network restrictions. The suggested workaround is to manually select the node and type of plot, and to access the actual numbers through the XY data manager and copy them into Excel. This is considered a way to bypass the bug.
bill nye scienceguy!
I've done a very simple analysis of a truss in Abaqus CAE. I want to create a report of the xy data, but every time I try I'm confronted with 'KeyError:RF', or 'KeyError:U', depending on which xy data I'm trying to get at.

My search of google and Abaqus' online help has only led me to one guy who says this is a bug in Abaqus 6.8.1 and is fixed in 6.8.3. This is no use to me as I'm working on a network without admin privileges.

Does anyone have any insight?

thanks in advance

Engineering news on Phys.org
1 Create xy data
2 ODB field output
3 Select node
4 Select type of plot ie Unique nodal
5 Plot results

(If it doesn't work first time the node selection has gone so select again)

Then to get the actual numbers go to XY data manager tehn the plot should show, go to edit and you'll find the numbers that were plotted, highlight and copy these to excel. This is a way to get round the bug

1. What is the Abaqus CAE 'KeyError' issue?

The Abaqus CAE 'KeyError' issue is an error that occurs when trying to access an element or property that does not exist in the database or model. This can happen when importing files from other software or when using certain commands in Abaqus CAE.

2. How can I solve the Abaqus CAE 'KeyError' issue?

There are a few different methods to try when attempting to solve the Abaqus CAE 'KeyError' issue. These include checking for any typos or incorrect inputs, making sure all necessary files are properly imported, and using the 'findAt' command to locate any missing elements or properties.

3. Why does the Abaqus CAE 'KeyError' issue occur?

The Abaqus CAE 'KeyError' issue can occur due to a variety of reasons, including missing or incorrect input data, incorrect syntax or commands, and compatibility issues with imported files. It is important to carefully review all inputs and make sure they are accurate and compatible with the software.

4. Can the Abaqus CAE 'KeyError' issue be prevented?

While it is not always possible to prevent the Abaqus CAE 'KeyError' issue, there are steps you can take to minimize the chances of it occurring. These include thoroughly reviewing all inputs and ensuring they are accurate and compatible, as well as regularly saving your work and creating backups to avoid losing progress in the event of an error.

5. Are there any resources available for troubleshooting the Abaqus CAE 'KeyError' issue?

Yes, there are various resources available for troubleshooting the Abaqus CAE 'KeyError' issue. These include online forums and communities where users can ask for help and share solutions, as well as official documentation and tutorials provided by the software company. Additionally, reaching out to experienced users or seeking professional support can also be helpful in resolving this issue.