Update on the lost Cuban City

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lost
In summary, an update has been provided on the lost Cuban "City" discovered by Paulina Zelitski and Paul Weinzweig. Although the structures at the bottom of the sea resemble old Mexican Inca-like structures, it is deemed physically impossible for a human city to exist at a depth of 700 meters. However, new evidence suggests that the structures are made of granite, which is foreign to the local marine and terrestrial geology. This raises questions about the true antiquity and origins of the structures. Additionally, there are theories that this phenomenon can be explained by Rapid True Polar Wander, which also has implications for other geological and anthropological theories. On the other hand, it has been discovered that Beijing, which is currently above
Andre
Update on the lost Cuban "City"

We have discussed the http://www.medioambiente.cu/museo/exmari.htm, discovered by Paulina Zelitski and Paul Weinzweig a few times here.
Many near pefect symmetrical stone structures on the bottom of the sea, resembling old Mexican inca like structures

Is it natural or man made (city). As it is deemed physically impossible to have human cities down at 700 meters in the sea, it must be natural. However if it is natural, the structures must be of local bedrock. There was a hint of granite versus local bedrock being limestone and we were left with the uncertainty.

There seems to be news, unfortunately, it is not in the form of approved peer reviewed scientific articles, so we need verification but:

http://www.marsearthconnection.com/cuba.html

(...)
Dr Paul Weinzweig: " In our Cuban site the granite monolithic stones are foreign to the local marine and terrestrial geology."...
(...)
"At this stage in the investigations, we can only speculate that some features (such as temple foundations layouts) seem to be reproduced at our site. Since the ancients built their new structures on old structural sites, we really don't know their true antiquity...These megalithic granite stones are located miles from the nearest quarries. There is nothing in our understanding of ancient engineering and construction or in our present rational imagination to explain the logistics of such megalithic construction. There is much mystery here."...
(...)
Samples that we recovered from the ocean bottom have justified our structures that we call megalithic structures. The samples are granite stone, completely polished, with some incrustations of fossils. Fossils of organic creatures that normally live on the surface, not on the ocean bottom. This is very interesting because this is evidence that the whole surface sank to the depth of 700 meters (2,297 feet, or about a half mile down).
...cont

So things seem certainly progress to the impossible. :biggrin:
:rofl:

Have I mentioned that the RTPW can explain this phenomenom?

Last edited by a moderator:
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Hmm, RTWP??
Sorry, what's that?

And, personal Q.
Andre, you have a softspot for atlantis?

Rapid True Polar Wander
A pet idea of mine. The next in line trying to explain the unexplained of the Pleistocene epoch AKA Ice ages.

this is the http://home.wanadoo.nl/bijkerk/RPTW-system.jpg I can tell about it for hours.

The RTPW mechanism explains Venus too.

Not bad, I say, one terrestrial planet hypothesis, two planets explained.

Yes I do have a softspot for Atlantis.
On my explorations I encountered that the average indications of the proxies for the Younger Dryas (Pleistocene) - Pre boreal (Holocene) boundary is 11,568 Calender years BP with severe things going on.

The alleged date of the demise of Atlantis is 9000 years before Solons trip to Egypt in 590 BC. That makes 1950 AD (BP definition) + 590 BC + 9000 = 11.540 Cal years BP well within error margins of the YD-PB boundary. This tends to make you fantasize about the mythology until proven beyond any reasonable doubt now that Atlantis is in reality a mystification of the tales of the sea people around 1200 BC. But it was fun too.

There are many more incredible coincidences, the exact same apparent size of sun and moon for instance, allowing for the fantastic solar eclipses.

We live in an exiting world.

About Atlantis again, Marijn, this thread would make things clear

Thanks Andre, i just got a new obsession...

Spend 12 hours looking and reading since my first reply in this tread...
This is to much up my alley not to stick my nose in.

http://www.s8int.com/water1.html

Also a nice map where it is.

Nice link, Marijn

About obsessions, I may be a few years ahead with this particular phenomenom and it's explanation. The waiting was for unambiguous proof of the real nature of the thing.

Remarkable that science is not eager to push exploration. This has taken three years now to get stones above water. Politics perhaps or the fear that pet ideas get scattered?

As far as I can see, archeology and anthropology can trash a good deal of theories like the origine of the original Amerans, the Clovis people. Geology and geophysics may have to rewrite more than the chapters on subsidence, isostacy and sea levels. Perhaps we can insert the RTPW as well. It explains the ice ages too.

I think its a combo of both.
Leave this long enough and it will become a myth by its own.
Then again, a submarine able to go to 700m below sealevel is 9 out of 10 times comming from the Us, obviously Videl doesn't like the USA snorkeling around in his backyard.
If you have more, please keep it comming!

What I'm wondering about it the following.
Sending an ROV down to the formation should give an fairly good estimate if the stone surfaces are carved out by man (*and to poke-up the fire of consiracy* or any other intelligent life) of if it is a naturally formed surface?

There are some places with almost 90 degree angles.
An ROV (able of removing sediment on top of it) could enable operators on the surfact to see if it is natural or if it is to perfect of an edge to be natural.

The last option would jumpstart the whole affair, making a lot of ppl go crazy because: How on Earth (ironic choise of words) did it get there??

Last edited:
If you have more, please keep it comming!

OK, Why not have a look at the opposite,

http://www.gsajournals.org/gsaonline/?request=get-abstract&doi=10.1130%2F0091-7613(2002)030%3C0379:BIBTSW%3E2.0.CO%3B2

Beijing has been at the bottom of a sea in the very recent past.

Beijing inundated by the sea within the past 80 k.y.: Nannofossil evidence
Wuchang Wei

Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California, San Diego, California 92093, USA

Manuscript Received by the Society August 7, 2001
Revised Manuscript Received December 13, 2001
Manuscript Accepted December 14, 2001

ABSTRACT

Examination of published data reveals that a marine bed in Beijing can be dated as 80 ka or younger on the basis of abundant nannofossils. This age is 30 times younger than that published previously on the basis of magnetostratigraphic and biostratigraphic interpretations. The abundant nannofossils and foraminifers suggest that Beijing was inundated by the sea within the past 80 k.y. The very recent nature of this marine transgression has profound societal and geological implications and thus calls for new studies and thorough evaluation of all relevant data sets.

So that's what I did, following Wuchangs Wei call for new studies. Guess what can explain this phenomenom. :wink:

I'll have a look when i get back from office.
I've got some other publications and books at home i want to take a look at before going further on this one ;
)

Hi Marijn,

Here is a better map of the location, posted by the Caribbean geologist Manuel Iturralde.

http://www.medioambiente.cu/museo/exmar2i.htm

"The exact location of the megalithic structures is shown here. The area is situated on a valley-shaped submarine depression at the northeastern edge of the Strait of Yucatan, between the Cape of San Antonio and the Shoal of San Antonio. A strong marine current from the Caribbean Sea flows in over this area, carrying large amounts of plankton, feeding the Gulf Stream. Due to this current there is a thick deposit of organic sands and strong erosion acting on the exposed submarine rocks."

Thanx NQ

Waiting for the eminent prof Dr Manuel Itturalde-Vinent, PhD etc to update these pages with this news.

http://www.medioambiente.cu/museo/exmar3i.htm

Here is another interview where PW mentioned granite:

http://www.morien-institute.org/interview2_ADC.html

Dr Paul Weinzweig :
"The marine structures at Yonaguni, as I understand them, bear close resemblance to the terraced terrestrial geology. Perhaps human settlements were carved out of local geology. In our Cuban site the granite monolithic stones are foreign to the local marine and terrestrial geology."

Nice! Thanks NQ!
Shows more detail than the one i came up with.

Does anyone know if the sonar images have been entered into a GIS application with an overlay of structures that show a good resemblence with the shap of the sonar?

Might be interesting to see werther the similarities hold when compared with a GIS.
If not and someone has the (more or less) exact dimensions of MEGA i´d give it a shot (better than what i usually do with GIS).

This comp i´m at now is a disaster on I-net, i´ll go document hunting tomorrow.
Should you find a data set GIMME GIMME GIMME:tongue2:

This one especially tickles the imagination:

Attachments

• sonarscrl.jpg
    sonarscrl.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 550
Last edited:
Marijn

Unfortunately ADC is a privately funded compagny, who have put a huge investment in investigating the Cuban waters using state of the art. It is said that is was for hunting for sunken Gallions and securing the loot but instead they retrieved a sunken pre WW-1 dreadnought as well as this city.

But due to the commercial nature their material is not on the market to maintain it's trade value and most likely it is not in any CIS. So there is little to go with.

:cry: Commerce, geology and history can't go together.
What on Earth is the commercial value of this??
All you can do is make a movie about it.

Commercial value of the data? They claim to have an abundance of pictures and sonar plots. And they need an income. Exploring sea bottoms does not fill the stomach, unless you have a net of course.

So it is likely that the material can be bought. There have been negotiations I believe but also political rigmarole and red tape. Why of all places had this city to sit within non free territory.

Anyway, probably excellent chances for potential sponsors.

The geology is likely not classified. Perhaps check in with Itturalde

BTW here is an interesting discussion we've had last year.

I've heard about most of this (actually most of it was covered in my high school).
Some are quite exiting to hear, yet make little to no sense.

But my quest for data sets go's on! :rofl:
First I'm going after an E-mail adres and just ask them for the data :tongue2:
Who knows, they might even give it (can't blame a guy for hoping :biggrin: )

There is an address in your mailbox

Success and give P&P my regards. :wink:

1. What is the "lost Cuban City"?

The lost Cuban City refers to a historical city that was previously thought to have been lost or destroyed, but has been recently rediscovered or found to still exist.

2. Where is the lost Cuban City located?

The exact location of the lost Cuban City is currently unknown. However, researchers have speculated that it may be located somewhere in Cuba, based on historical documents and artifacts.

3. How was the lost Cuban City rediscovered?

The lost Cuban City was rediscovered through a combination of historical research, satellite imaging, and on-site excavations. Researchers used ancient maps, documents, and records to narrow down the possible location, and then used technology to scan the area for any signs of the lost city.

4. What is the significance of the lost Cuban City?

The lost Cuban City has significant historical and cultural value. It may provide insights into the ancient civilizations that existed in Cuba, and could potentially change our understanding of the region's history. It also has the potential to attract tourists and boost the local economy.

5. What can we expect to learn from the lost Cuban City?

The lost Cuban City may provide information about the daily lives, customs, and beliefs of the people who lived there. It may also reveal architectural and engineering techniques used in the construction of the city. Additionally, artifacts and objects found in the city could shed light on trade, commerce, and cultural exchange in the region during ancient times.