60 seconds wait to report posts

• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is discussing a common issue they have encountered where they want to report two posts, but have to wait in between due to a 60 second rule. They mention that this rule also applies to mentors and express surprise at this. They also mention that they have forgotten what they wanted to do while waiting.
Borek
Mentor
Can is be shortened? Now and then it happens that I see two posts that I want to report (like today - both without any content, either posted by mistake or something went wrong), but after reporting the first one I have to wait - and I don't want to do anything in the meantime, as knowing myself I will forget to report the other post, so I am sitting watching the second hand...

40 seconds to go... 20... 10... oh, shiny red ball OK... what it was that I wanted to do?

Physics news on Phys.org
Interesting, I did not know that there was a delay.

That rule even applies to mentors!

I thought it might not apply. I was wrong. Wearing the green does not preclude us from the 60 second rule.

Borek said:
Can is be shortened?

i agree … I've had the same problem :redface:

1. What is the purpose of waiting 60 seconds to report a post?

The 60-second wait to report posts is a feature implemented by social media platforms to prevent users from spamming or abusing the reporting system. This wait time allows users to carefully consider the content of the post before reporting it and reduces the number of false or unnecessary reports.

2. Can I still report a post after the 60 seconds have passed?

Yes, you can still report a post after the 60 seconds have passed. The wait time is only a precautionary measure and does not restrict or limit the reporting feature in any way.

3. How does waiting 60 seconds benefit the reporting system?

The 60-second wait helps to reduce the workload for moderators and prevents them from being inundated with a large number of reports at once. It also allows them to prioritize and address more urgent or serious reports first.

4. Is the 60-second wait time the same for all social media platforms?

No, the 60-second wait time may vary depending on the platform. Some platforms may have a longer or shorter wait time, while others may not have a wait time at all.

5. Can the 60-second wait time be changed or removed?

The 60-second wait time is a feature implemented by the platform and cannot be changed or removed by individual users. However, social media platforms may update or modify the wait time at their discretion.