Sexual solicitation of a schoolgirl let off with $500 bail

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: Hopefully, the bus company kicks him into the ranks of unemployment.500 dollars is quite a lot for a bus driver, particularly if he isn't going to be a bus driver for much longer.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I don't get it, a 29 year old bus driver taking underage students on a trip enters a girls room and offer her money for sex and he's only charged with trespassing, and let go with a $500 bond?

What about sexual solicitation of a minor? What is wrong here?

Randy Y. Marshall, 29, of Kansas City was booked into the Harris County, Texas, jail Tuesday on a $500 bond for trespassing.

According to the Houston police report, a 17-year-old student from Brookside Frontier and Math and Science School was in her room alone Tuesday morning after a roommate stepped out and left the door ajar around 3:30 a.m. Police say Marshall entered the room and confronted the student, and then offered her money for a sexual favor.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/22/2674362/bus-driver-accused-of-entering.html##ixzz1Eka88Q49

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Well...it is Texas, hard to say what they were thinking.

I bet he won't be allowed to work around young people anymore...I hope, at least.

lisab said:
Well...it is Texas, hard to say what they were thinking.

I bet he won't be allowed to work around young people anymore...I hope, at least.
It's only a misdemeanor and is not associated with sex, so I don't see what's to stop him from being hired to be around under aged girls again. Misdemeanor trespassing? "oh I jumped over a fence to get my ball and the owner got mad".

Since when is sexual solicitation for money not a sex crime, and to a minor?

is that age of consent in that state?

It's a breaking news article. Maybe the DA will file more serious charges once they have completed an investigation.

As far as the law is concerned, it's all hearsay unless they have some hard evidence (such as an outside witness or a confession by the suspect). Word-against-word generally doesn't win criminal cases. If he denies it, the prosecution has nothing.

But it's still illegal to solicit sex.

Evo said:

Its one of the laws none observes and don't care about it. Men buy, Women sell. Usually. It happens everywhere. We would be better off without laws contradicting human nature.

Evo said:
Hopefully, the bus company kicks him into the ranks of unemployment.
As for the illegality of sex solicitation, isn't it up to the judges to determine what is a proper fine for that?
500 dollars is quite a lot for a bus driver, particularly if he isn't going to be a bus driver for much longer..

arildno said:
As for the illegality of sex solicitation, isn't it up to the judges to determine what is a proper fine for that?
500 dollars is quite a lot for a bus driver, particularly if he isn't going to be a bus driver for much longer..

In many EU countries, solicitation is a minor misdemeanor, which is punishable by a small fee, as far as I know. Even that is too much, IMO. Solicitation laws are bigoted.

I see no reason why someone would be held with a larger bail for something like this.

Thread closed. This isn't going to be productive.

DanP said:
Its one of the laws none observes and don't care about it. Men buy, Women sell. Usually. It happens everywhere. We would be better off without laws contradicting human nature.
I don't believe the woman was making an offer in her dorm room at 0330. It was an unwanted intrusion on the part of the bus driver. His behavior is naturally sick.

What is "Sexual solicitation of a schoolgirl let off with $500 bail"?

"Sexual solicitation of a schoolgirl let off with $500 bail" is a criminal offense in which an individual attempts to solicit a minor for sexual activity, specifically a school-aged girl, and is released on bail for $500.

What are the potential consequences for sexual solicitation of a schoolgirl?

The consequences for sexual solicitation of a schoolgirl can vary depending on the location and severity of the offense. In general, it is considered a serious crime and can result in imprisonment, fines, and mandatory registration as a sex offender.

What factors determine the amount of bail for sexual solicitation of a schoolgirl?

The amount of bail for sexual solicitation of a schoolgirl is typically determined by a judge and can depend on various factors such as the severity of the offense, the individual's criminal history, and the potential flight risk of the accused.

What are the potential long-term effects of sexual solicitation of a schoolgirl?

The long-term effects of sexual solicitation of a schoolgirl can be devastating for both the victim and the perpetrator. The victim may experience trauma, long-term psychological effects, and potential physical harm. The perpetrator may face legal consequences, social stigma, and potential loss of relationships and employment opportunities.

How can we prevent sexual solicitation of schoolgirls?

Preventing sexual solicitation of schoolgirls involves educating children and adolescents about healthy relationships, consent, and how to recognize and report inappropriate behavior. It also involves holding individuals accountable for their actions and providing support and resources for victims. Additionally, implementing stricter laws and penalties for offenders can act as a deterrent for this type of crime.

Back