S-Domain mesh equations and equivalent circuit

In summary, the S-domain is a mathematical representation of the frequency domain used in circuit analysis. Mesh equations in the S-domain describe voltage drops in individual loops and are used in equivalent circuit analysis to simplify complex circuits. An equivalent circuit in the S-domain is a simplified representation of a more complex circuit. S-domain mesh equations can be solved using various techniques, including Kirchhoff's laws, Ohm's law, and circuit analysis methods.
DODGEVIPER13

Homework Statement

For the circuit given in Fig 15.53, (a) draw the s-domain equivalent; (b) write the three s-domain mesh equations; (c) determine i1, i2, and i3.

Homework Equations

Laplace Transform table
Zc=1/SC
Zl=SL

The Attempt at a Solution

I have uploaded my work but what I am wondeering is do my equations look ok.
In case the equations can't be read here they are Mesh#1: -((2)/(S+1))+(2/S)i1+3(i1-i2)=0
Mesh#2: 3(i2-i1)+0.5S(i2-i3)+(4/S)=0 Mesh#3: 0.5S(i3-i2)+i3=0

Attachments

• EPSON005.jpg
    EPSON005.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 464
Physics news on Phys.org
Your mesh equations look okay to me.

1. What is the S-domain in circuit analysis?

The S-domain is a mathematical representation of the frequency domain in circuit analysis. It is used to analyze the behavior and response of circuits to sinusoidal inputs.

2. What are mesh equations in the S-domain?

Mesh equations in the S-domain are a set of equations that describe the voltage drops across each individual loop or "mesh" in a circuit. These equations are used to solve for the currents and voltages in a circuit.

3. How are S-domain mesh equations used in equivalent circuit analysis?

S-domain mesh equations are used in equivalent circuit analysis to simplify complex circuits into a single equivalent circuit. This allows for easier analysis and understanding of the circuit's behavior.

4. What is an equivalent circuit in the S-domain?

An equivalent circuit in the S-domain is a simplified representation of a more complex circuit. It contains the same overall behavior and response as the original circuit, but with fewer components and simpler equations.

5. How do you solve S-domain mesh equations?

To solve S-domain mesh equations, you can use various techniques such as Kirchhoff's laws, Ohm's law, and circuit analysis methods like nodal analysis or mesh analysis. You can also use software programs specifically designed for solving circuit equations.