A4 Divided in 2 Columns: Metric System

• Thread starter Boaboa
  • Start date
In summary, A4 is about 297 mm wide by 210 mm long. If you want to add an image to the column, you'll need a width of 1.5in and the image should be 2in wide by 2.0in high.
Boaboa
when A4 is devided into 2 columns, how wide is each column in inch ?
I only know metric system

Physics news on Phys.org
One gazillion.

It is a fraction of a rod, pole or perch, but then you could use chains or
furlongs.

paper size is A4, i meant,
now i divided it into 2 columns, and want to addin an image but don't know what size of the image would fit the column size, I use png and define in my latex file width=1.5in but the color looks terrible then.
image size defined is 2.0in but when i don't define image size in latex file, error says unable to define image size. :confused:
Now you understand what I mean

Please if I can't finish this in time, I will be graded worse and no time for me to fix

Isn't this simple to figure out? A4 is 297 mm by 210 mm. Since it's longer than it's wide the latter must be the width. Divide that by two to get your answer. If you need it in inches, remember 25.4 mm = 1 in.

Don't forget the left/right margins in your reckoning, though.

Last edited:
How long is a chain.

http://www.allmeasures.com/conversion.asp

A4 is 8.27 inches across, according to Word.

Wouldn't it have just been easier to use metric units to create your image if that's what you're more familiar with? I've never run into software where you couldn't choose between inches and cm as your unit for measure.

Talking about size, mine was about 6inches by 3/8 thick, i had to search the
shop for a bap big enough for it to fit in, " i was starving hungry" :smile:
but when i cooked it it was only about half the origonal size and my grill pan
was half inch deep in fat, 95% beef, cobblers, beef fat maybe, well i put in
4 cheese slices to bulk it up and spiced with my very lazy chili, and now after eating it i am still hungry :grumpy:

1. What is the metric system?

The metric system is a decimal system of measurement that is used in most countries around the world. It is based on units of 10, making it easier to convert between different units of measurement.

2. How is the metric system related to A4 divided in 2 columns?

A4 divided in 2 columns is a paper size commonly used in the metric system. The A4 size is equivalent to 21cm x 29.7cm, and when divided into 2 columns, each column measures approximately 10.5cm x 29.7cm.

3. What are the advantages of using the metric system?

The metric system is easier to use and understand because it is based on a decimal system. This makes it easier to convert between units and perform calculations. It is also a standardized system used by most countries, making it more convenient for international communication and trade.

4. How does the metric system compare to other systems of measurement?

The metric system is the most widely used system of measurement in the world. It is more consistent, easier to use, and more logical than other systems such as the US customary system, which is still used in the United States. The metric system also has a smaller number of base units, making it simpler to learn and use.

5. Are there any countries that do not use the metric system?

While most countries around the world have officially adopted the metric system, there are a few countries that still use other systems of measurement, such as the US and Liberia. However, even in these countries, the metric system is widely used in scientific and international trade contexts.