Which books should I have to read?

• Thread starter soleilion
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, the recommended books for college physics are Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker (6th edition) and Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics by Knight. Both books offer mathematical support and explanations in plain English, with the latter also covering quantum mechanics.
soleilion
I am in college right now.
I learn physics in foreign language before.
I never learn physics in English.
Please recommended some books that can help me reach to college physics ASAP
Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
"Physics for Scientist and Engineers with modern physics" by Knight
It is pretty good, provides the mathematical support along with the visual diagrams. It also introduces quantum mechanics, in plain english.

1. What are some classic books that every scientist should read?

Some classic books that every scientist should read include "On the Origin of Species" by Charles Darwin, "The Origin of Species" by Carl Sagan, "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking, "The Double Helix" by James Watson, and "The Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkins.

2. Are there any books that can help me improve my scientific writing skills?

Yes, there are several books that can help improve scientific writing skills, such as "Writing Science: How to Write Papers That Get Cited and Proposals That Get Funded" by Joshua Schimel, "The Elements of Style" by William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White, and "A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations" by Kate L. Turabian.

3. What books can help me understand complex scientific concepts in a simple way?

Some books that can help with understanding complex scientific concepts in a simple way include "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene, "The Demon-Haunted World" by Carl Sagan, "The Structure of Scientific Revolutions" by Thomas Kuhn, "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan, and "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene.

4. Are there any books that can help me stay updated with the latest scientific advancements?

Yes, there are several books that can help you stay updated with the latest scientific advancements, such as "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot, "The Emperor of All Maladies" by Siddhartha Mukherjee, "The Gene: An Intimate History" by Siddhartha Mukherjee, "Lab Girl" by Hope Jahren, and "The Sixth Extinction" by Elizabeth Kolbert.

5. Can you recommend any books that highlight the importance of ethics in scientific research?

Some books that highlight the importance of ethics in scientific research include "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot, "Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup" by John Carreyrou, "Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil" by Hannah Arendt, "The Emperor of All Maladies" by Siddhartha Mukherjee, and "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot.