Who repies (administers) to e-mails?

• Thread starter Olias
  • Start date
In summary, there seems to be a problem with the administration of PF, specifically in regards to responding to e-mails and handling account issues. However, the administrator claims to not be aware of any problems and invites further elaboration. There is also a discussion on the banning of a user and the rules and guidelines of PF. The administrator states that they have no vendetta against the banned user and are willing to restore their account if they agree to follow the rules. The user agrees and their account is restored.
Olias
Are e-mails sent to PF read or just totally discarded?

I have been informed that there is an administration problem with PF?

Physics news on Phys.org
I receive all admin emails. I'm not aware of any such problems. Could you elaborate?

Greg Bernhardt said:
I receive all admin emails. I'm not aware of any such problems. Could you elaborate?

Sure thing Greg.
Ranyart sent 5 e-mails to the 'contact us' prompt in PF. not a single reply as to the request of why his account had been disabled?

Looking at some of the threads here, it seems there is an obvious grouping of some 'admin' and mentor's. Not going into details, but why was he stopped from posting?..why was other posters not 'discriminated' for they obvious broke PF rules on a greater level?

Anyway, it does seem that PF forums had a good thing going at one time, the presence of top theoretical Physicists visiting your site must have made you really proud, and deserverly so. But the PF has to be administered on a genuine 'web-forum' level.

Which should include across the board administration, and one persons obvious dislike of being corrected(not mentioning chroot by name :smile: ) his obvious dislike of ranyarts postings is just one of a growing number of posters who have tackled this issue?

But HEY its your site and you can discriminate on whatever level you deem fit and proper, but it would go a long way if you could take a single reply to a curtious e-mail request for reasons of account disconnection.

Unless of course you have no knowledge of this at all?..and then one would have to ask if some administrator has took it upon him/her to trash mail before you have chance to respond?

Greg Bernhardt said:

From the guidlines thread:Contact Guidelines:
When contacting me or a specific mentor please make use of our Private Message system or email us. Do not post a topic in a forum regarding your situation.

Locking a user out means that they cannot contact you unless via e-mail.

E-mailing you directly gets no response?..Greg I only make this a point of order for the convienience of the forum, why should someone make an enterence through a back door in order to get a reply?

PM me Ranyart's email address and when he emailed me so I can do a search for his emails.

ranyart is welcome to post to the Theory Development section. He demonstrated an explicit intent to ignore our policies and post to the wrong forums, and thus was restricted to the Theory Development section.

You are absolutely correct that we reserve the right to modify, delete, or move any post in any way we wish. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. Such actions have a distinct purpose, and the majority of our users support that purpose.

- Warren

chroot said:
ranyart is welcome to post to the Theory Development section. He demonstrated an explicit intent to ignore our policies and post to the wrong forums, and thus was restricted to the Theory Development section.

You are absolutely correct that we reserve the right to modify, delete, or move any post in any way we wish. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. Such actions have a distinct purpose, and the majority of our users support that purpose.

- Warren

And you have showed no such consituency?..I am willing myself to be corrected, its not much point having one-way discussions?, debate and science is based on such principles after all.

But surely, actually all mentors do take the time to envoke debate, and when necessary you do 'the right thing', but there is always a time when letting a user know he or she is breaking PF guidelines..like PM, this would free up the boards and make viewing posts interesting rather than all out tit-for-tat squabblings?

I PM"d you several times, ranyart, warning you that you were reaching the end of my patience. You persisted.

If you'll agree to actually follow our rules, I'll unban your ranyart account. I have no vendetta against you; you are welcome here so long as you will abide by (even if you disagree with) our rules.

- Warren

chroot said:
I PM"d you several times, ranyart, warning you that you were reaching the end of my patience. You persisted.

If you'll agree to actually follow our rules, I'll unban your ranyart account. I have no vendetta against you; you are welcome here so long as you will abide by (even if you disagree with) our rules.

- Warren

I have no vendetta at all against you or any other mentor. I may seem strange at times in my postings, but it may be more of a fact that I have issue's with nothing more than understanding how and why we fit together as part of a wider Universe.

I agree to be governed by PF guidelines, and thanks for being honest and fair.

Okay, your ranyart account is restored to full privelege. Welcome back. I sincerely thank you for your willingness to follow our guidelines, and assure you that there are no hard feelings.

- Warren

What is the role of an email administrator?

An email administrator is responsible for managing and maintaining the email system for an organization. This includes setting up new email accounts, troubleshooting any technical issues, and ensuring the security and integrity of the email system.

What qualifications are required to become an email administrator?

The specific qualifications may vary depending on the organization, but most email administrators have a background in computer science, information technology, or a related field. They should also have knowledge of email protocols and systems, as well as strong problem-solving and communication skills.

What tasks does an email administrator typically handle on a daily basis?

An email administrator's daily tasks may include creating and deleting email accounts, setting up email filters and rules, monitoring email traffic and storage, updating software and security protocols, and providing technical support to users.

What are some common challenges faced by email administrators?

Some common challenges faced by email administrators include managing a large number of email accounts, ensuring the security of the email system, dealing with spam and phishing attacks, and troubleshooting technical issues that may arise.

How does an email administrator ensure the privacy of email communications?

Email administrators use various security measures such as encryption and authentication protocols to ensure the privacy of email communications. They also regularly update software and systems to protect against potential security breaches.