Resistance to illuminance conversion

• Thread starter hateem12
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Resistance
Additionally, some experiments may use a voltage differential circuit to measure the resistance, but it is not necessary. This formula can be used with just the resistance value. In summary, to calculate the illuminance on the surface of a photocell using the resistance of an LDR, you can use the formula Lux = 10^6 / (resistance in ohms).
hateem12
I have conducted an experiment to measure the changes in voltage/current due to the resistance changes of a photocell present in an LDR.
I wanted to know how I could use those values in order to calculate the illuminance present on the surface of the photocell.
I did not use a voltage differential circuit.
I looked at some websites and all the related experiments were simply using differential circuits.

Is there an LDR resistance to luminance conversion equation or something similar.
Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, there is a formula that can be used to calculate the illuminance (measured in lux) from the resistance of an LDR. The equation is Lux = 10^6 / (resistance in ohms). This equation applies when the LDR is illuminated by a standard light source, such as a tungsten bulb. If a different light source is used, then a different equation may be required.

What is resistance to illuminance conversion?

Resistance to illuminance conversion is a measure of how much resistance an object has to changes in illuminance or light intensity. It is typically measured in units of ohms (Ω).

Why is resistance to illuminance conversion important?

Resistance to illuminance conversion is important because it allows scientists to understand how different materials respond to changes in light intensity. This information can be used in a variety of applications, such as designing sensors or optimizing lighting systems.

How is resistance to illuminance conversion measured?

Resistance to illuminance conversion is typically measured using a light meter, which measures the amount of light hitting a surface. This value is then compared to the electrical current passing through the material, which allows for the calculation of resistance.

What factors can affect resistance to illuminance conversion?

There are several factors that can affect resistance to illuminance conversion, such as the material composition, temperature, and the intensity and wavelength of the light being measured. Other factors, such as the surface area and thickness of the material, can also have an impact.

How can resistance to illuminance conversion be altered or manipulated?

Resistance to illuminance conversion can be altered or manipulated by changing the material composition, adjusting the temperature, or using different types of light sources. Additionally, the use of filters or coatings on the material can also affect its resistance to illuminance conversion.