Interpretation/Analysis of the Lab results(HEPA filter)

• Thread starter kasmiros
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Filter Lab
In summary: Is this some supposed analysis of a "chemtrail"?And what's wrong with it ? It's a document linked with a chemtrailsChemtrails are conspiracy theory and against the rules of this forum. Contrails are the wator vapor trails left by aircraft at high altitudes.In summary, this document is about a chemtrail conspiracy theory and the negative effects of it.
kasmiros
Hello,
I need some interpretation/analysis of the air HEPA filter results for my school project. I don't know exactly what are the standars of those elements(Al,Br etc.) so I can't say if they are below range or above range. Please, if someone can help me I'd be very grateful.
Here is the document: Edit: removed link to crackpot siteAnd sorry for my english, hope you understand everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
That website is a crackpot conspiracy website. Is this some supposed analysis of a "chemtrail"?

And what's wrong with it ? It's a document linked with a chemtrails

kasmiros said:
And what's wrong with it ? It's a document linked with a chemtrails
Chemtrails are conspiracy theory and against the rules of this forum. Contrails are the wator vapor trails left by aircraft at high altitudes.

The chemtrail conspiracy theory holds that some trails left by aircraft are actually chemical or biological agents deliberately sprayed at high altitudes for purposes undisclosed to the general public in clandestine programs directed by government officials.[1] This theory is not accepted by the scientific community, which states that they are just normal contrails, and that there is no scientific evidence supporting the chemtrail theory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory#Contrails_vs_chemtrails

Jesus man, wikipedia ? seriously ?
Then ok, if you don't want to work with materials that are linked with policy etc. maybe just look at this like on a normal document ?

kasmiros said:

You are linking to a random web document, but you are criticizing use of a wikipedia link?

kasmiros said:
Then ok, if you don't want to work with materials that are linked with policy etc. maybe just look at this like on a normal document ?
I wanted to post something you might understand.

Sorry, but we don't allow crackpot conspiracy theories and chemtrails are crackpot conspiracy theories.

1. What is a HEPA filter and how does it work?

A HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter is a type of air filter that is designed to remove particles from the air. It works by forcing air through a fine mesh that traps harmful particles such as dust, pollen, and smoke. The filter is made up of a densely packed layer of fibers that create a maze-like structure, allowing air to pass through while trapping the particles.

2. How is the efficiency of a HEPA filter determined?

The efficiency of a HEPA filter is determined by its ability to remove particles of a certain size from the air. This is measured by the filter's Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) rating. The higher the MERV rating, the more efficient the filter is at removing particles.

3. What types of particles can a HEPA filter remove?

A HEPA filter is capable of removing a variety of particles from the air, including dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and even some bacteria and viruses. However, it is important to note that HEPA filters are not designed to remove gases or odors from the air.

4. How often should a HEPA filter be replaced?

The frequency of replacing a HEPA filter depends on various factors such as the type of filter, the air quality of the environment, and the level of usage. Generally, it is recommended to replace a HEPA filter every 6-12 months, or more frequently if it becomes visibly dirty or clogged.

5. Are there any potential health risks associated with HEPA filters?

HEPA filters are generally considered safe and do not pose any significant health risks. However, some people may experience irritation or allergies due to the fine particles trapped in the filter. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper handling and disposal of used filters to avoid any potential health hazards.