It seems so simple, But what do I know?

• Thread starter justin_jkj
  • Start date
In summary, the person is seeking help on an issue with building a roll bar using 1" square tubing. They need to gain 2" in overall width without changing much. They have tried adding 2" in overall length of the tubing and incorporating it into the B measurement, but it did not work. They are now asking for assistance online.
justin_jkj
Not much. I am not sure where to put this so mods move it as need

Anyways here is the back story,
We have been building this roll bar out of 1" square tubing but we need to gain 2" overall width without changing much. the first thing I could think to do is add 2" overall length of the tubing and add the 2" into the B measurement and that maybe made it half inch bigger, We have tried lots of other things and none seem to work.

So I am turning to the internet for help.

Thank you for your time.

PS the angles are pre-set into the bender

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 391
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey justin_jkj and welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do: are you trying to get the biggest area given some length of tube? (The area being the area enclosed within all four sides A,B,C,D and the horizontal line).

Are you trying to get the biggest area with a length of tube and fixed angles for your piece of equipment? (The machinery that shapes the tube according to the preset angles?)

Im trying to spread side A and side D apart by 2".

but adding 2" to the overall length and then into the B measurement did not work at all.

If B is parallel to the line at the bottom and the angles stay the same, I can't see why this wouldn't work.

Can you describe what went wrong when you tried this?

I would approach this problem by first understanding the purpose and function of the roll bar and the specific requirements for its dimensions. Then, I would gather data and analyze the different methods that have been tried and their results. From there, I may suggest alternative solutions or further experiments to determine the most effective way to gain the 2" width without compromising the integrity of the roll bar. It may also be helpful to consult with other experts in the field or conduct simulations to test different options. Ultimately, finding a solution will require a combination of critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and experimentation.

1. What is the purpose of "It seems so simple, But what do I know?"

The purpose of "It seems so simple, But what do I know?" is to encourage critical thinking and self-reflection. It prompts individuals to question their own knowledge and understanding of a concept, idea, or situation.

2. How can "It seems so simple, But what do I know?" be applied in scientific research?

In scientific research, "It seems so simple, But what do I know?" can be used as a starting point for further investigation and experimentation. It can also be used as a reminder to approach research with an open mind and to consider all possibilities.

3. Is "It seems so simple, But what do I know?" only applicable to scientific fields?

No, "It seems so simple, But what do I know?" can be applied to any field or aspect of life. It encourages individuals to constantly question and expand their understanding, regardless of the subject matter.

4. How can "It seems so simple, But what do I know?" help in problem-solving?

"It seems so simple, But what do I know?" can help in problem-solving by prompting individuals to consider alternative perspectives and approaches to a problem. It can also prevent individuals from becoming too confident or biased in their thinking.

5. Can "It seems so simple, But what do I know?" lead to self-doubt?

In some cases, "It seems so simple, But what do I know?" may lead to self-doubt, but this can also be seen as a positive thing. It encourages individuals to continuously learn and grow, and to be open to new information and ideas.