University prep and trancsripts

• Schools
  • Thread starter m0286
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary, the person is unsure if they should drop their independent learning chemistry course and switch to a summer school course in order to meet the deadline for university acceptance. They are concerned about how this will look on their transcript. The responder believes that choosing to switch to a more successful course shows self-awareness and honesty, and that being able to determine the best way to achieve their goal is a valuable skill. They suggest explaining the reasons for the switch to impress potential universities.
m0286
Im not sure if this is the right place to put this post but...

Well I have just been accepted to University HURRAY! As long as I finish my grade 12 University prep chemistry course with 75%. I am doing this course through independent learning and its unbelievably hard (even teachers atmy old high school cannot answer some of the questions) I found that I can take this course through summer school and have it completed by the deadline given to me for University. Will this look bad on my transcripts if I drop it through independent learning since I am about 50% done the course? Or doesn't it matter, as long as I have the course completed. Anyone know? THANKS!

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know how other people might view it. I think choosing to switch to a course where you can be more successful shows self-awareness and honesty. Your goal is to learn the material and pass the course. Being able to determine the best way to achieve your goal and following it through are valuable skills. If they ask, just give them your reasons for switching, and tell them why you thought it was best. That would impress me.

Congratulations on your acceptance to University! That is definitely something to celebrate. Regarding your question about University prep and transcripts, it is always best to check with your university or the admissions office to get the most accurate and up-to-date information. They will be able to advise you on the specific requirements for your program and whether completing the course through summer school or independent learning will affect your transcripts. It's important to make sure you meet all the necessary requirements for your program, so it's best to double check with the university. Best of luck with your studies and congratulations again on your acceptance!

1. What is university prep?

University prep, also known as college preparation, is the process of getting ready for higher education. This includes selecting and applying to universities, preparing for standardized tests, and ensuring you meet the necessary academic requirements for admission.

2. Why is university prep important?

University prep is important because it helps students navigate the complex process of applying to and getting accepted into higher education institutions. It also helps them prepare for the academic rigor and independence of university life.

3. How do I prepare for university?

To prepare for university, you should focus on maintaining a strong academic record, participating in extracurricular activities, and researching potential universities to find the best fit for your interests and goals. It is also important to prepare for standardized tests and gather all necessary materials for the application process.

4. What is a transcript?

A transcript is a document that contains a student's academic record, including grades, courses taken, and degree earned. It is an official record of a student's academic performance and is often required as part of the university application process.

5. How do I request a transcript?

You can typically request a transcript from your high school or university's registrar's office. Some institutions may have an online system for requesting transcripts. You may need to provide personal information and a small fee may be required for processing and mailing the transcript.