I having a laptop Everytime I power up it I always hear a beeps

In summary, your laptop beeps when you power it on, and sometimes it does this even when you have a USB plugin plugged in. Sometimes you can disable support for legacy USB devices to stop the beep, but it still beeps when you boot.
Feezik
I having a laptop
Everytime I power up it I always hear a beeps sound repeat again and again.
I have to reboot, then it is fine. but the next day when I tunr on it again, the beeps comes back. sadly I doubt it is probably time my comuter reach its lifespan.

Computer science news on Phys.org

I am feeling zick when i alone here with no reply

Feezik said:
I am feeling zick when i alone here with no reply

You must have more patience...

Can you be more specific with the beeps?

Is there a pattern?
Does it only occur when you boot?
Does it matter if you are plugged into the AC or on battery?
What brand/model is your laptop?

Thank you, now it stop beep after boots complete
But it still beeps when boot

Sometimes I have my usb plugin when boot and it beep, i then immeadiately unplug the usb and it stop beep

Feezik said:
Thank you, now it stop beep after boots complete
But it still beeps when boot

Sometimes I have my usb plugin when boot and it beep, i then immeadiately unplug the usb and it stop beep

Does it only beep when you boot with a USB device plugged in?

Thank you
Yes, it is

Feezik said:
Thank you
Yes, it is

First, go into the BIOS and make sure it's not set to boot from a USB device. Make sure it's only 1:CD-ROM, 2:Hard Drive. After that, find the option to disable support for legacy USB devices. That should clear up the problem.

I know CDROM and harddisk, harddrieve mean hardisk right ?
What is BIOS I don't know to go into BIOS
Please help me I have one laptop, one only and none computers
Thank you

BIOS is the little program that starts up first when computer is powered on... before Windows or linux or whatever other operating system loads.

When the computer starts up, there is often a key that can be pressed to start the BIOS... maybe F2 or DEL or some other key. Look at the startup screen carefully.. you may only have a few seconds to press the key. If you see the Windows screen, it's too late. If you are unsure, tell us the brand and model number of your laptop.

Thank you, I not let it too late. I will press F2 until I see the screen BOIS!
My laptop is Lenova X31!

It should be http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fmichaelstevenstech.com%2FlenovoBIOS.html&l=1"
:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, I'm loving it! Thank you

1. Why is my laptop making beeping noises when I turn it on?

There could be several reasons for this. It could indicate a hardware issue, such as a loose connection or faulty component. It could also be a warning sign for a software issue, such as a virus or outdated drivers.

2. How many beeps is considered normal for a laptop when starting up?

This can vary depending on the make and model of your laptop. Some laptops may only make one beep when starting up, while others may have a sequence of beeps. It's best to consult your laptop's manual or the manufacturer's website for specific information.

3. Can I stop the beeping noises from happening?

In most cases, yes. If the beeps are caused by a hardware issue, it's best to have it checked and repaired by a professional. If it's a software issue, updating your drivers or running a virus scan may fix the problem.

4. My laptop is beeping and not turning on, what should I do?

This could be a sign of a more serious hardware issue. It's best to bring your laptop to a technician for further diagnosis and repair.

5. Is it normal for my laptop to make beeping noises while it's running?

No, it is not normal for a laptop to make beeping noises while it's running. This could indicate a problem with your laptop's internal components or software. It's best to have it checked by a professional to prevent any further damage.