Ee to e+e+ Scattering: Exploring Lepton Interactions in Particle Physics

In summary, the student is looking for information on a scattering process that he has come across. He does not know the name of the scattering, but does know that it is related to bhabha scattering. He also states that he is a beginner in the field of particle physics and does not know many things.
helpcometk
ee --->e+e+ scattering

Homework Statement

I have come across the following scattering : e-e- ---->e+e+

Does anyone know the name of this scattering ?
Do you know of any book describing simililar lepton scatterings?

Thank you

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org

can you see charge conservation here?

No charge conservation
Do you think this might be a typo?
I will completely honest with you ,

this is a question from a homework :(look the attachement)

if there is a typo then should the process e-e+ --- > e-e+ be considered an exotic scattering?

Attachments

• X.PNG
    X.PNG
    7.8 KB · Views: 481

oh no,from which book you have gotten that?
e-e+ --- > e-e+,this specially is related to bhabha scattering.this does hold.By the way,what is exotic here?

andrien said:
can you see charge conservation here?

From my minimal knowledge on Feynaman rules i know that a feynman diagram has to conserve charge along a vertex.

If it is the e-e+ --- > e-e+ process shouldn't the question also clarify if it is spinless or not andrien ?

what do you mean by spinless.electron and positron can have it's spin along a certain chosen z axis in the same direction which is in fact a requirement of bhabha scattering!

well, i have just entered the field of particle physics ,and i don't know many things.

Thanks for the replies

what was the name of book

The image i uploaded as i said , was taken from a homework assighnement.I don't know where he found it ,maybe a book came from an alternative universe through a wormhole,where the charge conservation law doesn't hold ,and so my teacher thought it was from our own universe.

helpcometk said:
The image i uploaded as i said , was taken from a homework assighnement.I don't know where he found it ,maybe a book came from an alternative universe through a wormhole,where the charge conservation law doesn't hold ,and so my teacher thought it was from our own universe.
:rofl:

1. What is "Ee to e+e+ Scattering"?

Ee to e+e+ Scattering is a type of particle interaction that occurs between two electrons (e) where they collide and produce two positrons (e+). This process is commonly used in particle physics experiments to study the properties of leptons and their interactions.

2. How does "Ee to e+e+ Scattering" help in understanding particle physics?

"Ee to e+e+ Scattering" allows scientists to study the behavior and properties of leptons, which are fundamental particles in the Standard Model of particle physics. By studying the interactions between these particles, scientists can gain a better understanding of the fundamental forces and particles that make up our universe.

3. What is the significance of exploring lepton interactions in particle physics?

Leptons are one of the building blocks of matter and understanding their interactions is crucial in understanding the fundamental principles of our universe. It allows scientists to test and validate theories, such as the Standard Model, and search for new physics beyond it.

4. How is "Ee to e+e+ Scattering" studied in particle physics experiments?

To study "Ee to e+e+ Scattering", scientists use particle accelerators to accelerate electrons and positrons to high energies and then collide them. The resulting particles and their properties are then measured and analyzed using detectors.

5. What are some potential applications of "Ee to e+e+ Scattering" research?

The research on "Ee to e+e+ Scattering" can have potential applications in various fields, including medical imaging, material science, and technology. It can also lead to the development of new technologies, such as particle detectors and accelerators, and contribute to advancements in our understanding of the universe.