How a skywriting at night is seen from 50 feet away?

• Thread starter sameev29
  • Start date
In summary, if the writing is placed at 35 feet height from the viewer and the length is 50 feet from the viewer, the writing will appear to be large and bright.
sameev29
Suppose there's a writing made by many small drones,each carrying a light and together making a writing.

If the writing is placed at 35 feet height from the viewer and the length is 50 feet from the viewer,how will it appear to the viewer?
Is there any equation to find this out?

I know it depends on the lights and the weather too.I want the writing to be big and bright from a distance.Also let me know if there's any easier way to do this.This is a big project for me.Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Attachment.jpg
    Attachment.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 486
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I would scale it down with a paper model and see how it looks.

As an example, draw some letters on a piece of paper with height 17.5 cm and hold the paper 25 cm from your eyes.

Alternatively you could use a word processor to draw the letters on the screen and then you can change the font size to see how it looks with your eyes 25cm from the screen.

jedishrfu said:
I would scale it down with a paper model and see how it looks.

As an example, draw some letters on a piece of paper with height 17.5 cm and hold the paper 25 cm from your eyes.

Alternatively you could use a word processor to draw the letters on the screen and then you can change the font size to see how it looks with your eyes 25cm from the screen.

What font size should I use?

Experiment with the sizes and then measure them on screen. If you feel they are readable then you adjust your letter heights as needed. 35ft may be far larger than needed when viewing at 50 ft.

jedishrfu said:
Experiment with the sizes and then measure them on screen. If you feel they are readable then you adjust your letter heights as needed. 35ft may be far larger than needed when viewing at 50 ft.

I meant The writing will start at 35 feet.Check the attached image again I modified it.

okay, its still the same idea though scale things down, make a model or look for some sign that's readable from a distance and pace off the distance and measure the letters height. This is a similar triangle problem.

1. How is skywriting visible at night?

Skywriting at night is visible due to the use of special pyrotechnic materials that emit a bright light when ignited. These materials are typically magnesium, which produces a brilliant white light, or strontium, which produces a red glow.

2. How far away can skywriting be seen from?

The visibility of skywriting depends on various factors, such as weather conditions, the size and brightness of the writing, and the altitude at which it is written. On average, skywriting can be seen from up to 30-50 feet away.

3. How does skywriting stay in the sky for a long time?

The smoke from skywriting can stay in the sky for a long time due to its composition. The smoke is made up of tiny oil particles that are released from the aircraft's exhaust. These particles are lightweight and can remain suspended in the air for a long time, providing a lasting visual display.

4. Can skywriting be seen during the day?

Yes, skywriting can be seen during the day. However, it may not be as visible as it is at night due to the bright sunlight. The contrast between the white smoke and the blue sky is not as strong during the day, making it more difficult to see the writing.

5. What makes skywriting different from regular writing?

Skywriting is different from regular writing because it is done in the sky using an aircraft. Regular writing, on the other hand, is done on a surface using a writing instrument. Skywriting is also typically larger in size and more temporary, as it dissipates quickly due to wind and weather conditions.