What is the relationship between wet bulb temperature and rain temperature?

In summary, the conversation discusses the calculation of heat transfer from a surface during rain and how to predict the temperature of rain water at ground level. The assumption is that it would be equal to the wet bulb temperature, but there is uncertainty about this. The website referenced provides information on the wet bulb temperature, but it is unclear if this also applies to the temperature of rain.
Libertiene
If the external DBT is 20 deg C and it is 50% RH, then it rains, what temperature is the liquid rain?

I am trying to calculate the heat transfer from a surface when it is raining. I have a set of climate data which will give me external ambient DBT, RH and precipitation. So how can i predict the temperature of the rain water at ground level?

My assumption is that it would be approximately equal to the wet bulb temperature. But I have no idea if this is correct. If rain is formed high in the atmosphere where the temperature is lower how can this be estimated?

It is a bit strange that i can't find a straightforward answer to this question. I have spent ages goggling this and got nowhere. A reference that i can use as justification for an answer would be great.

Science news on Phys.org
Yes but i am not sure how that answers the question. This means that the majority of conventional rain is the "WARM RAIN DROPS" category. This is rain that “is above the current surface temperature". The site gives a way of approximating the wet bulb temperature, but it does not lead me to believe this is also the rain temperature.

What is the purpose of predicting rain temperature?

The purpose of predicting rain temperature is to help people prepare for upcoming weather conditions, such as dressing appropriately for the temperature and planning outdoor activities.

How is rain temperature predicted?

Rain temperature is predicted using weather models and data from various sources, including satellite images, ground observations, and computer simulations. These predictions are then analyzed by meteorologists to make a more accurate forecast.

Are rain temperature predictions always accurate?

No, rain temperature predictions are not always accurate. Weather is a complex and dynamic system, so there is always a margin of error in any forecast. However, advancements in technology and data analysis have improved the accuracy of these predictions over time.

Can rain temperature predictions change over time?

Yes, rain temperature predictions can change over time. Weather is constantly changing and evolving, so forecasters must continually monitor and update their predictions as new data becomes available.

How can I access rain temperature predictions?

Rain temperature predictions can be accessed through various sources, including weather apps, news stations, and government websites. It is important to check multiple sources to get the most accurate and up-to-date forecast.