PF Growing Fast: Harder To Keep Up w/ Replies

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the increase in activity on a forum, with more threads and replies. Some participants mention not having the energy to read through all the posts, while others find ways to keep themselves entertained. The conversation also includes some jokes and insults, and one person feels a bit guilty for starting a controversial thread. Overall, the conversation highlights the changes in the forum and the different ways people approach and engage with the content.
tribdog
Even the dumb threads get lots and lots of replies. If you fall behind a couple of days you are going to be reading for hours. There are a couple of threads I haven't commented on, simply because I don't have the energy to wade through 80 or 90 posts. I remember when you were lucky to get more than two replies over the course of a week. PF is getting big.

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, just do what most people do - find one post and reply to it, although it may have nothing to do what is actually being discussed.

I just start my own thread. I don't have a problem reading what people are saying to me or about me. That stuff is interesting

you sure replied pretty fast. worried?

tribdog said:
you sure replied pretty fast. worried?
I'm eating braunshweiger. I have nothing better to do. :frown:

Did I mention that I have a possum in my cat castle?

you have nothing better to do than eat braunshweiger or reply fast?

good thing about eatin braunshweiger is you don't have to put your teeth in.

tribdog said:
good thing about eatin braunshweiger is you don't have to put your teeth in.
Yeah, I can just gum it.

You should go back to ragging on these suicide-wannabes.

did I mention I have a possum in my cat castle and yeah I can just gum it.
wow
It keeps getting harder and harder

pengwuino I got to congratulate you. You finally made me laugh. I'm impressed. the candy bar comment was genius, good insult, nice timing, perfection really.

Of course, its the one joke I didn't even understand as to why it was funny...

don't let that stop you

huh? oink..(to satisfy the more than one word rule)(

I think it was funny because I visualize you saying it. "shut up and give me a foot" it just cracks me up everytime I think about it.
the shut up really makes the joke in my opinion

I don't read most of the threads. I just pick the ones that seem at least somewhat interesting to me. I have very rarely participated in the "Franzbear Experiment". It's usually only out of sheer suicidal boredom that I peek in there to see what's going on.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I don't read most of the threads. I just pick the ones that seem at least somewhat interesting to me. I have very rarely participated in the "Franzbear Experiment". It's usually only out of sheer suicidal boredom that I peek in there to see what's going on.
PF is eroding from that thread out.

I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed for starting that thread. It really wasn't a bad topic for a thread it quickly disintigrated however.

i'd vote be ashamed. i think you're better looking when you're ashamed anyway.

What is "PF Growing Fast: Harder To Keep Up w/ Replies"?

"PF Growing Fast: Harder To Keep Up w/ Replies" is a topic that refers to the increasing number of replies and comments on the online forum "PF" (Personal Finance). As the forum grows in popularity, it becomes more challenging for users to keep up with the influx of responses.

Why is it becoming harder to keep up with replies on PF?

This is due to the fact that as the forum grows, more and more people are joining and contributing to discussions. This results in a higher volume of replies and comments, making it more difficult for users to keep up with and respond to all of them.

What can be done to keep up with replies on PF?

One solution is to prioritize the most relevant and important replies and only respond to those. Another option is to set aside dedicated time each day to catch up on replies and comments. Additionally, users can also adjust their notification settings to receive updates on only specific threads or topics.

Will PF continue to grow at this rate?

It is possible that PF will continue to grow at a fast pace, especially as more people become interested in personal finance and seek advice from others on the forum. However, growth rates can fluctuate and it is impossible to predict the exact trajectory of the forum.

Are there any potential drawbacks to this rapid growth of PF?

One potential drawback is that with more users and replies, the quality of discussions and advice may decrease. This is because it becomes more challenging to moderate and filter through the large number of contributions. Additionally, it may also be overwhelming for some users to keep up with the high volume of replies and comments.