Treasure Hunter Finds Stove, Fridge & More

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about two people discussing their experiences with metal detecting. One person borrowed their girlfriend's dad's metal detector and found various items including a stove, refrigerator, nails, and rust. The other person found 74 cents and joked about finding Jimmy Hoffa. They also mentioned people getting upset when they try to retrieve change from pockets while metal detecting.
tribdog
My girlfriend's dad bought one of those really nice metal detectors a couple of years ago. He never used it so I asked if I could borrow it. I've only had it for a couple of days now, but I'm finding stuff already. I found a stove and the refridgerator and then I went outside and got 3 nails, a bent screw and a blob of rust colored rust.

Physics news on Phys.org
I've had better luck with mine. I found Jimmy Hoffa from the keys in his pocket. That was kinda cool, but I realized I had no use for him, and left him there. Later I found 74 cents. That was cool.

Yeah, I've found quite a bit of change too, but everytime I try to get it the people start freaking out and tell me to get my hands out of their pockets.

LOL LMAO ROFL. hahaha. I've never tried metal detecting, but it sounds like fun.

1. What is the significance of finding these household appliances as a treasure hunter?

The significance of finding these household appliances as a treasure hunter is that they may hold historical or sentimental value. They could also potentially provide clues about the previous occupants of the location where they were found.

2. How old are these items and how were they preserved?

The age of these items can vary depending on when they were manufactured and when they were placed in the location where they were found. As for preservation, it could be due to the location's climate, natural elements, or possibly being buried or hidden.

3. What can we learn from these appliances about past lifestyles and technology?

These appliances can give us insight into the past lifestyles and technology of the time period they were used in. For example, the design and features of a refrigerator or stove can tell us about the advancements in refrigeration and cooking technology.

4. How do you determine the value of these items?

The value of these items can be determined through various factors such as their age, condition, rarity, and historical significance. It may also depend on the demand for these items among collectors or antique enthusiasts.

5. Are there any ethical considerations when finding and collecting these items?

Yes, there are ethical considerations when finding and collecting these items. It is important to respect the location and its history, as well as any potential legal regulations on treasure hunting or collecting artifacts. It is also important to properly document and preserve any findings for future research and understanding.