A dart player, standing 3.2m away from the darboard thorws a dart horizontally

• Thread starter jojo14
  • Start date
In summary, we have a dart player standing 3.2m away from the dartboard, throwing a dart horizontally at a speed of 12.4m/s. The question is asking for the distance from the bull's eye (where the player aimed) that the dart struck. To solve this, we need to consider the time it takes for the dart to hit the board, as well as the initial vertical velocity and the effects of gravity. With this information, we can calculate that the dart struck 0.326m away from the bull's eye.
jojo14
a dart player, standing 3.2m away from the darboard... thorws a dart horizontally...

A dart player, standing 3.2m away from the dartboard, throws a dart horizontally at a speed of 12.4m/s. How far from the bull's eye(where the player aimed) did the dart stirke?

Answer: dy=0.326m (give a direction...

i don't get it, if you could show me how you got it, I've been trying and trying to solve it, but it doesn't work...

help is grealy appreciated , thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org

Well first consider the time it takes to hit the dart board..

then consider the vertical movement of the object (hint: what is the dart's initial vertical velocity?) and think gravity (constant acceleration...)... then how far it moved (vertically) in the time it takes to strike the dartboard...

can't say much more or I'd be giving the answer away...

oh, ok thanks i got it from here.
:]

What is the initial velocity of the dart?

The initial velocity of the dart would depend on the strength and technique of the player, as well as external factors such as wind resistance.

How long does it take for the dart to reach the dartboard?

The time it takes for the dart to reach the dartboard would also depend on the initial velocity and external factors such as air resistance. It can be calculated using the equation t = d/v, where t is time, d is distance, and v is velocity.

What is the trajectory of the dart?

The trajectory of the dart would be a straight line, as it is thrown horizontally and there is no vertical component to its motion.

What factors can affect the accuracy of the dart throw?

Factors such as wind resistance, the grip and release of the dart by the player, and the distance from the dartboard can all affect the accuracy of the throw.

How can the dart's motion be described using physics principles?

The dart's motion can be described using principles of projectile motion, such as the equations of motion and the effects of gravity and air resistance.