How to 'activate' New mathematica package file

In summary, to install a new Mathematica package file, you can use the "Install" function in the File menu or manually place the file in the installation folder. To load a package file, use the "Needs" or "Get" functions. To check if a package file is already loaded, use the "MemberQ" function. To update a package file, use the "Install" function or manually replace the old file. To uninstall a package file, use the "Remove" function.
sugaku
Hi,

I found this mathematica packages file and can't use it...

"The "FixedTalbotNumericalLaplaceInversion.m" file should be placed into the AddOns folder on the user's computer"

As written in the file, i need to save this file under AddOns folder. Done with that and yet still couldn't execute the command...

anyone please advice .. thank you...

Physics news on Phys.org
Did you execute
<<FixedTalbotNumericalLaplaceInversion`
in your Mathematica notebook?

DaleSpam said:
Did you execute
<<FixedTalbotNumericalLaplaceInversion`
in your Mathematica notebook?

Thank you DaleSpam, it works out already.

1. How do I install a new Mathematica package file?

To install a new Mathematica package file, you can use the "Install" function in the File menu of the Mathematica application. Alternatively, you can manually place the package file in the appropriate directory in your Mathematica installation folder.

2. How do I load a package file in Mathematica?

To load a package file in Mathematica, you can use the "Needs" or "Get" functions. These functions allow you to specify the name of the package file and will load all the functions and symbols defined in the package.

3. How do I check if a package file is already loaded in Mathematica?

You can use the "MemberQ" function to check if a package file is already loaded in Mathematica. This function takes the list of loaded packages as an argument and returns "True" if the specified package is already loaded.

4. How do I update a package file in Mathematica?

To update a package file in Mathematica, you can either use the "Install" function to install the updated version or manually replace the old file with the new one in the appropriate directory in your Mathematica installation folder.

5. How do I uninstall a package file in Mathematica?

To uninstall a package file in Mathematica, you can use the "Remove" function. This function removes the package file from the list of loaded packages and clears all the symbols and functions defined in the package.