Where Can I Find a Plasma Electricity Toy Like the One Seen on Modern Marvels?

• Thread starter xyzmc2
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person asking for help finding a plasma electricity toy they saw on a TV show. They provide a link to the video where the toy can be seen and mention that it is turned on and functioning. Another person suggests searching for a plasma globe, which can be found for a much cheaper price. The original person clarifies that the toy they saw was more like a tube than a globe and expresses hope for finding a smaller, more affordable version.
xyzmc2
I'm new to this forum, and hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I was watching the Modern Marvels episode recently entitled "Deep Freeze". A guy named Steve Spangler was a guest on the show to demonstrate some of the effects of liquid nitrogen. Anyway, it shows Steve in his lab, and behind him, he has some sort of plasma electricity toy. Does anyone know where I can find one of those? I have looked everywhere and am not having any luck, and am just wondering if anyone owns or has seen one somewhere?

http://videos.wittysparks.com/id/2189167677" , you can see it in the background at about 1:12. Thanks in advance if you can help.

P.S. it is the electricity toy that is turned on and functioning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Here's a giant one for $700

http://store.phantomdynamics.com/plglmupltu4x.html

I googled "plasma tube" and got some promising results.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't watch the video, but I imagine you are talking about a plasma globe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_globe

They are between 20 and 40 dollars. Google and all kinds of ads come up.

It was a variation of a globe, yes, but distinctly more "tube-like".

Archosaur said:
It was a variation of a globe, yes, but distinctly more "tube-like".
I see. Hopefully they have small, much less than $700 ones.

1. What is the meaning of "Maybe an unusual question"?

The phrase "Maybe an unusual question" can have different interpretations depending on the context. It could mean that the question being asked is not a common or typical one, or it could also suggest uncertainty or hesitation in asking the question.

2. Why is it important to ask unusual questions?

Asking unusual questions can lead to new insights and ideas that may not have been considered before. It can also challenge traditional ways of thinking and spark creativity.

3. Can unusual questions be used in scientific research?

Absolutely. In fact, many scientific breakthroughs have been made by asking unusual or unconventional questions. It can help scientists think outside the box and approach problems from a different perspective.

4. How can I come up with unusual questions?

One way to come up with unusual questions is to take a familiar topic or problem and look at it from a different angle. You can also draw inspiration from other fields or disciplines to generate unique and unconventional questions.

5. Are there any downsides to asking unusual questions?

Asking unusual questions may not always lead to practical or useful answers, and it could also be perceived as irrelevant or unimportant by others. However, it is still a valuable tool for critical thinking and problem-solving in many fields, including science.