What Should I Do When Bored and Alone in College?

• Thread starter AlexContourPlus
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is an 18-year-old first-year college student who is feeling bored because their friends are not spending time with them. They tried to distract themselves by going to the library and reading, but were unable to focus and ended up feeling sad. They are looking for advice on how to combat their boredom and possibly make new friends by joining clubs or attending parties at school.
AlexContourPlus
I am 18 years old, first year in college.

Truthfully now, I am really bored, I don't know why, but perhaps because my friends didn't want to play with me again, they went play with others. What should I do now ?
After I saw them go with each other, I felt so sad, I immediately went quickly to library, took out 2 books but I felt really so sad that I couldn't concentrate to read anything. I went home lying on my bed thinking about different things that I actually don't even know or remember now...I am crazy...and boredom urges me to write down these things...Please give me some things you think I should listen, please...
Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
I have the same feelings...:) sorry for you!

Sounds like you need to join some clubs or go to some parties at school.

1. Why do we feel bored?

Boredom is a common feeling that we all experience at some point. It usually occurs when we don't have anything stimulating or engaging to do. Our brains are constantly seeking novelty and stimulation, so when we are not providing it with new or interesting activities, we can feel bored.

2. Is being bored bad for you?

Boredom in itself is not necessarily a bad thing. It can be a signal that we need to change our current activity or find something new to do. However, if boredom becomes chronic and leads to negative emotions and behaviors, it can have a negative impact on our well-being.

3. How can I overcome boredom?

There are many ways to overcome boredom, such as finding a new hobby or activity, spending time with friends or family, or challenging yourself with a new task. It's important to identify the root cause of your boredom and try to address it by finding something that interests and engages you.

4. Why is it important to avoid boredom?

While occasional boredom is a normal part of life, chronic boredom can have negative effects on our mental health. It can lead to feelings of apathy, depression, and even physical health problems. Keeping ourselves engaged and stimulated can improve our overall well-being and happiness.

5. Can boredom be beneficial?

Surprisingly, yes! Boredom can actually lead to increased creativity and problem-solving skills. When our minds are not occupied with a specific task, we are more likely to let our thoughts wander and come up with new ideas. Boredom can also give us time to reflect and recharge, leading to increased productivity and motivation in the long run.