Solving Homework: Can You Find the Right Answer?

• Thread starter athrun200
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, to determine if you have found the right answer, it is important to understand the question and concept being tested, use critical thinking skills, and compare your answer with others. If stuck on a problem, take a break, look for similar examples, and ask for help. While it is acceptable to use outside resources, it is important to understand and not simply copy the answer. If consistently getting the wrong answer, review steps and concepts and don't hesitate to seek help. To improve problem-solving skills, practice regularly, approach problems with an organized thought process, review class concepts, and seek feedback from others.
athrun200

Homework Statement

attachment.php?attachmentid=37128&stc=1&d=1310465399.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

The answer is 16, but I get 12 only

attachment.php?attachmentid=37129&stc=1&d=1310465399.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 353
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 354
Physics news on Phys.org
The integrand becomes u^2. one 'u' from the xdx and the other from the original substitution.

Oster said:
The integrand becomes u^2. one 'u' from the xdx and the other from the original substitution.

Oh my god. How come I can't even notice such a silly mistake.

lol. happens to me a lot.

1. How do I know if I have found the right answer?

In order to know if you have found the right answer, you should first understand the question and the concept being tested. You can then use your critical thinking skills to analyze the problem and check your answer using different methods or equations. It is also helpful to compare your answer with your classmates or consult with your teacher for confirmation.

2. What should I do if I am stuck on a problem?

If you are stuck on a problem, take a break and come back to it later with a fresh mind. You can also try looking for similar examples or practice problems to get a better understanding of the concept. It is also beneficial to ask for help from your teacher or classmates, as they may have a different perspective or approach to solving the problem.

3. Is it okay to use outside resources to solve my homework?

It is acceptable to use outside resources to help you understand a concept or to check your answer. However, it is important to make sure that you are not simply copying the answer without understanding the steps and reasoning behind it. It is best to use outside resources as a supplement to your own understanding and work.

4. What should I do if I keep getting the wrong answer?

If you keep getting the wrong answer, try going back and reviewing the steps and concepts involved in solving the problem. It may also be helpful to redo the problem or try solving a similar problem to reinforce your understanding. Don't be afraid to ask for help from your teacher or classmates if you are still struggling.

5. How can I improve my problem-solving skills for homework?

To improve your problem-solving skills for homework, it is important to practice regularly and approach each problem with a clear and organized thought process. It is also helpful to regularly review and understand the concepts being taught in class. Additionally, seeking help and feedback from your teacher or classmates can also aid in improving your problem-solving skills.