What's with the favorite fish thing?

• Thread starter Avichal
  • Start date
In summary, new members are asked about their favorite fish as part of a joke initiation created by Evo and her former friends. This involved slapping someone with a fish, usually a salmon, over the internet. Later, members were asked to choose their favorite fish without knowing the reason behind it. Revealing this secret will result in consequences and some members are preparing to initiate other members with a megalodon or porcupine fish.
Avichal
Why all new members are asked their favorite fish?

Is it PF culture or is it some popular ritual I'm unaware of?

Physics news on Phys.org
Pick a fish and find out. :devil:

Avichal said:
Why all new members are asked their favorite fish?

Is it PF culture or is it some popular ritual I'm unaware of?
It's a joke initiation invented by Evo and her former pals. New members were "hazed" by being slapped with a fish, in so far as you can slap someone over the internet. At first it was always a salmon. Later they started asking people to choose their favorite fish, without them knowing why.

zoobyshoe said:
It's a joke initiation invented by Evo and her former pals. New members were "hazed" by being slapped with a fish, in so far as you can slap someone over the internet. At first it was always a salmon. Later they started asking people to choose their favorite fish, without them knowing why.
:
THIS IS NOT ALLOWED!

Last edited by a moderator:
zoobyshoe said:
Oh!
arildno said:
:
THIS IS NOT ALLOWED!
Don't worry, this secret is safe with me. I want this thread to be deleted now, no one else should know about this.
Borek said:

:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
zoobyshoe said:

You will have to pay for revealing our secret, of course. :devil:

OK, everybody, all together now... let's haul out the megalodon!

*Tries to megalodon zoobyshoe, but I am too weak!* :cry:

For God's sake, the man was having a CRISIS OF CULTURAL DISORIENTATION! I had to put him out of his misery.

Strictly NOT allowed!
*wanders off to fetch a porcupine fish*
:devil:

trout-slap.gif

Edit: This is for trout lovers only.

ARGGH! Just can't remember how to make a gif. Wait zoobishoe, your reckoning comes!

1. What is the "favorite fish thing"?

The "favorite fish thing" refers to the phenomenon where people choose a specific type of fish as their favorite, often for personal or cultural reasons.

2. Why do people have favorite fish?

People may have a favorite fish for a variety of reasons, including taste, texture, appearance, cultural significance, or personal experiences.

3. Is there any scientific explanation for having a favorite fish?

While there is not a specific scientific explanation, studies have shown that our food preferences are influenced by a combination of genetics, environment, and personal experiences.

4. Do people's favorite fish change over time?

Yes, people's favorite fish can change over time as their taste preferences and experiences evolve. Additionally, environmental factors such as availability and sustainability may also play a role in changing favorite fish.

5. Can having a favorite fish impact the environment?

Yes, having a favorite fish can impact the environment if it leads to overfishing or unsustainable fishing practices. It is important to make sustainable seafood choices to help protect our oceans and marine life.