Are You Ready for WYP2005 Activities in NYC/LI and Knoxville, TN?

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary, there are two upcoming events in the United States that may be of interest to individuals living in the New York City/Long Island area and the Knoxville, TN area. The first event is a public event at Brookhaven National Laboratory, while the second event is the Particle Accelerator Conference with public events in Knoxville. Additionally, there is a possibility of a mini PF gathering at the conference.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
If you are in the New York City/Long Island area, you may want to consider attending this:

http://www.bnl.gov/bnlweb/pubaf/pr/PR_display.asp?prID=05-37

Next, are you in the Knoxville, TN area? The Particle Accelerator Conference (PAC05) is coming to your neighborhood, with several public events to coincide with WYP2005

http://www.sns.gov/pac05/

I will be attending this conference. If you are in the area and would like to do a mini PF gathering, let's plan on something.

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
ZapperZ said:
I will be attending this conference. If you are in the area and would like to do a mini PF gathering, let's plan on something.

Zz.

You know, sometimes, i am so unhappy i don't live in the USA

marlon

Brookhaven is not too terribly far from where I used to live. Some good friends of ours got married not too far from there. I miss L.I.

What is the purpose of "More WYP2005 Activities"?

The purpose of "More WYP2005 Activities" is to provide additional opportunities for students to engage in hands-on learning experiences related to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).

Who can participate in "More WYP2005 Activities"?

Any student who is interested in STEM and meets the eligibility requirements can participate in "More WYP2005 Activities". These activities are typically geared towards middle and high school students.

How can I sign up for "More WYP2005 Activities"?

You can sign up for "More WYP2005 Activities" by visiting our website and filling out the registration form. You will need to provide some basic information, such as your name, grade level, and contact information.

What types of activities are included in "More WYP2005 Activities"?

"More WYP2005 Activities" include a variety of hands-on projects and experiments related to different STEM fields. Some examples include building and programming robots, conducting chemistry experiments, and designing and testing engineering structures.

Are there any costs associated with participating in "More WYP2005 Activities"?

There may be some costs associated with specific activities, such as materials or field trip fees. However, we strive to keep the overall cost of participating in "More WYP2005 Activities" as low as possible to make it accessible to all students.