Can I Find the Error Symbol in Microsoft Word for Writing Equations?

• Thread starter Rizzamabob
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Symbol
In summary: There is a way to add it. From the [Insert] menu, select [Symbol]; this opens a window; in there, click the [Symbols] tab; from the [Font] menu, select [MS Mincho]; find your symbol in the list; highlight it; click the [Insert] button. (You can create shortcuts for the symbol if you need it often (or just copy+paste once it's in your document).)
Rizzamabob
Im going crazy, i just want to write equations in microsoft word, but none include the damn Error symbol which looks like a rounded E :/ I want to use like E with a small i next to it but i cannot. Any ideas :( I am going nuts :<

Computer science news on Phys.org
Rizzamabob said:
Im going crazy, i just want to write equations in microsoft word, but none include the damn Error symbol which looks like a rounded E :/ I want to use like E with a small i next to it but i cannot. Any ideas :( I am going nuts :<
What are you using to write equations? Anything special?

I have no idea what symbol you want. That would help. Do you have an example of it somewhere?

If you are using a special editor for entering equaitions, this might not work. If you have the MS Mincho font, look there. If you find your symbol, you can insert it easily in Word: From the [Insert] menu, select [Symbol]; this opens a window; in there, click the [Symbols] tab; from the [Font] menu, select [MS Mincho]; find your symbol in the list; highlight it; click the [Insert] button. (You can create shortcuts for the symbol if you need it often (or just copy+paste once it's in your document).) You can do the same thing inside or outside of Word using the Character Map too.

why don't you use mathematica instead?

Do you see the symbol you want anywhere here?

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9450/symbols1fw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I get ANY special characters for ANYTHNG s to use Character Map ( don't know any other way, and don't know why they make ths so dffcult to find.)

Programs > Accessores > System Tools > Character Map > Symbol or Wng Dngs.

(Dang, my '' key seems to have suddenly stopped workng.)

Do you have MS's equation editor installed...?

Open Office suite comes with OOMath that has a decent equation editor.

heartless said:
why don't you use mathematica instead?

Do you see the symbol you want anywhere here?

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9450/symbols1fw.jpg
[/URL]

yes i do

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a symbol in Microsoft Word?

A symbol in Microsoft Word is a character, image, or icon that represents a specific concept or object. It can be inserted into a document to add visual elements or to convey meaning.

2. How do I insert a symbol in Microsoft Word?

To insert a symbol in Microsoft Word, go to the "Insert" tab and click on "Symbol." A drop-down menu will appear with a variety of symbols to choose from. Select the symbol you want and click "Insert."

3. Can I create my own symbol in Microsoft Word?

Yes, you can create your own symbol in Microsoft Word by using the "Equation" tool. This allows you to insert mathematical symbols and create your own custom symbols.

4. How do I change the font of a symbol in Microsoft Word?

To change the font of a symbol in Microsoft Word, select the symbol and then go to the "Home" tab. In the font section, choose the desired font and the symbol will automatically change to that font.

5. Can I use symbols in the header or footer of a document in Microsoft Word?

Yes, you can use symbols in the header or footer of a document in Microsoft Word. Simply go to the "Insert" tab and click on "Symbol." From there, you can insert a symbol into the header or footer just like you would in the main body of the document.