VOTE Photo Contest - I Need Some Zzzzz's (Group 2)

In summary, the conversation discussed various topics related to the ongoing contest. These include the 2nd group in the contest, which includes hypatia's topic of Zebra mussels, ZapperZ's topic of Zombies, Janus' topic of Zechins and accompanying image, J77's topic of Art Deco Zones and accompanying image, and 0TheSwerve0's topic of Zalophus. The participants also shared their thoughts and preferences on the different topics, with some expressing their interest in the zombie topic and others appreciating the aesthetics of the Art Deco Zones image. The conversation also reminded readers to vote in the first round of the contest.

VOTE PF Photo Contest - I Need Some Zzzzzz's (Group 2)

• hypatia

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Janus

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • J77

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • 0TheSwerve0

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This is the 2nd group in the contest.

1. hypatia - Zebra mussels
zebra-1.jpg

2. ZapperZ - Zombies
IMG_9333.jpg

3. Janus - Zechins
http://home.earthlink.net/~parvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/zzzz.jpg

4. J77 - Art Deco Zones
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9953/zoneyz6.jpg

5. 0TheSwerve0 - Zalophus
SeaLionsbasking.jpg

Contest thread

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Well now I can't choose anything but the zombies...

I liked the "zones" picture (go back with a polarizer and cut out the glare). Something pleasing about that parquet flooring.

I'm not quite sure what zechins are, but I like the picture.

You have less than 2 days left to vote in the first round of this contest. Vote early and vote often!

Zz.

Chi Meson said:
I liked the "zones" picture (go back with a polarizer and cut out the glare). Something pleasing about that parquet flooring.

Was a quick shot on an open day -- that floor's from the 1930s.

For me, how can anyone beat a zombie :biggrin:

1. What is the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - I Need Some Zzzzz's (Group 2)"?

The "VOTE PF Photo Contest - I Need Some Zzzzz's (Group 2)" is a photo contest organized by the online photography community PhotoForum (PF). The theme of the contest is "I Need Some Zzzzz's" and it is open to all members of the PF community.

2. Who can participate in the contest?

All members of the PhotoForum community are welcome to participate in the contest. This includes amateur and professional photographers of all ages and levels of experience.

3. How do I submit my photo for the contest?

To submit your photo for the contest, you must first be a member of the PhotoForum community. Once you are a member, you can upload your photo to the designated contest album, which will be announced on the PF website and social media pages. Only one photo submission per member is allowed.

4. How are the winners selected?

The winners of the contest will be selected through a combination of public voting and judging by a panel of professional photographers. The top three photos with the highest number of votes will be declared as the winners. The judging panel will also select three additional photos as honorable mentions.

5. What are the prizes for the winners?

The first place winner will receive a cash prize of $500, the second place winner will receive $300, and the third place winner will receive $200. The three honorable mentions will receive a PF merchandise package. Additionally, all winners will have their photos featured on the PF website and social media pages.