'New Posts' does not work in Firefox

• Thread starter neutrino
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation involves a user experiencing an issue with not being able to access new posts on the Physics Forums website. They receive a "no matches" message and are advised to clear their cache, which temporarily solves the issue. However, the problem reoccurs after a short period of time.
neutrino
I've been on and off lately on this forum, but a couple of days ago, when I clicked on the PF button on my browsers' toolbar (which, BTW, links to https://www.physicsforums.com/search.php?do=getnew ), I got the following message.

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

And I also got it when I clicked on "New Posts" and the top of PF page - all this when I had close to 15 pages of unread posts. And I still get the same message two days later. Incidentally, this doesn't happen in Opera, only in Firefox.

Why is this happening? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's alright for me and I am on firefox, it must be the settings.

Which settings? This started happening "all of a sudden" to the best of my knowledge.

Try clearing your cache: Tools/Options/Network

Hope that helps.

turbo-1 said:
Try clearing your cache: Tools/Options/Network

Hope that helps.

It's Edit->Preferences for me (Linux), but it worked! Yay! Thanks, turbo. I think this was the first time I had to use "clear cache" solution to set something right on PF. :biggrin:

Glad to be of help.

It's about 12 hours since I made that last post, and it's happening again. Clearing the cache worked, but it's too soon for the problem to crop up again.

Last edited:

1. Why is the 'New Posts' feature not working in Firefox?

The 'New Posts' feature may not be working in Firefox due to a compatibility issue between the browser and the website. It could also be caused by a browser extension or add-on that is interfering with the feature.

2. How can I fix the 'New Posts' feature not working in Firefox?

To fix the issue, you can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, disabling any extensions or add-ons, or updating your browser to the latest version. You can also try using a different browser to see if the feature works.

3. Is this a common problem with Firefox?

The 'New Posts' feature not working in Firefox is not a common problem, but it can occur due to various reasons such as outdated browser or website code, conflicts with extensions, or browser settings.

4. Will the 'New Posts' feature ever work in Firefox?

It is possible that the 'New Posts' feature may work in Firefox in the future, especially if the issue is caused by outdated code. However, it is also possible that the feature may not be compatible with Firefox due to technical limitations.

5. Can I report this issue to Firefox or the website?

Yes, you can report the issue to Firefox or the website's technical support team. They may be able to provide a solution or investigate the issue further to resolve it for future users. It is always helpful to provide specific details about the issue and your browser version when reporting problems.