Troubleshooting Computer Noises: Is Your CPU Temperature to Blame?

In summary: If the noise persists, there may be a problem with the hardware and you'll need to take it to a technician to have it checked. In summary, your computer is making an ambulance like noise every 5 or ten minutes, and it may be due to overheating.
mee
My computer makes an ambulance like noise every 5 or ten minutes. Any idea what this could be?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Can you be more specific?

Is it coming from your speakers?
If so, is there a program running in the background?

If not, is it coming from your PC-speaker, motherboard, or some other hardware component? You might be overheating, having fan problems, or power supply issues.

I have had that before!

I'm no computer expert but I'm pretty sure from experience that this is the sound your computer makes when it's overheating. In the BIOS, you can set the temperature at which you want to be alerted. I personally set it to "just shut up, ok?" and I don't get anoyed anymore. :smile: Just make sure you clean your fans regularily. (Sometimes they become so obsessed with you they forget to shower, :tongue: .)

quasar987 said:
I have had that before!

I'm no computer expert but I'm pretty sure from experience that this is the sound your computer makes when it's overheating. In the BIOS, you can set the temperature at which you want to be alerted. I personally set it to "just shut up, ok?" and I don't get anoyed anymore. :smile: Just make sure you clean your fans regularily. (Sometimes they become so obsessed with you they forget to shower, :tongue: .)

Thats what I thought but I cleaned the computer fans, grills, boards heatsinks ect. And nothing. Still wee eeew wee eew ever ten minutes or so. I uninstalled the find-a-drug program they recommend on the biology section of this site and no more problem. So I recommend another download than that one if you want to try one out. Thanks everyone for your help!

Get MBM5 or another temperature display software application which will display your cpu temperature, as well as other sensors around your motherboard. What is your CPU Tempearture and Case TemperatureS? Do you have stock cooling? What CPU do you have, AMD or Intel?

I ask the above questions to check if it is indeed a temperature problem/overheating.

So the sound/beep is coming from your internal case speaker? Or from your central speakers? Perhaps your internal speaker is malfunctioning? Try seeing if it is plugged into the right pins on your motherboard, consult your mobo manual for instructions.

Keep in touch.

1. Why is there an ambulance noise coming from my computer?

This could be due to a program or website that is playing an audio clip of an ambulance siren. Check all open tabs and applications to see if one of them is the source of the noise.

2. Is the ambulance noise a sign of a virus or malware?

No, the ambulance noise itself is not a sign of a virus or malware. However, it is always important to run a virus scan if you suspect your computer may be infected.

3. How do I stop the ambulance noise on my computer?

If the noise is coming from a specific program or website, you can close it or mute the audio. If it is a pop-up ad, you may need to close the browser tab or window. If the noise persists, you can try restarting your computer.

4. Can the ambulance noise on my computer damage my speakers?

If the volume of the noise is too high, it could potentially damage your speakers. It is important to adjust the volume to a safe level and not continuously play loud noises through your speakers.

5. Why does the ambulance noise keep repeating on my computer?

This could be due to a glitch in the program or website that is playing the noise. Try refreshing the page or closing and reopening the program to see if that stops the noise from repeating.