Help Find Sci-Fi Book with Time Travel & Installments

• Thread starter Kinase
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, this book is sci-fi and has a story in one time and then it moves to another time. It's not timeline, I know that.
Kinase
This description is horrible but, it was sci-fi, i think it had something to do with time travel and was presented in installments, like first there's a story in one time, then it moves to another time. Apparently it's well known and i think the title was weird (or at least i thought so). Of course i saw this book and was looked into and neglected to write down the name.

it's not timeline, i know that.

Physics news on Phys.org
1920066.jpg

(note: I am in no way recommending this book)

nah it's not that. ugh, i can't believe i didn't write the name down. I saw it somewhere on the web (i'm trying to think of where i saw it or go to it from) then read something on wikipdia about it. i think the cover might have been just a solid color, title might have been one word but I'm entirely not sure on that. might have even been numbers. it's not 1984 or that new book by king.

this is going to drive me crazy. i think I'm just going to go to the bookstore tomorrow and look around.

edit: something clicks with this but it wasn't that "yup, that's 100% the one" click.

Last edited:
Slaughterhouse Five, by Kurt Vonnegut?

jim hardy said:
Slaughterhouse Five, by Kurt Vonnegut?

Great book! That's what came to mind for me too.

edit: It's not sci-fi though. :S

The Time Machine by H. G. Wells?

Kinase said:
...like first there's a story in one time, then it moves to another time.
You're probably referring to every book that's ever been written.

zoobyshoe said:
You're probably referring to every book that's ever been written.

:rofl:

yeah... most stories occur in a progression of time...

thats what my roommate said. I told him it was involved time travel and maybe other universes or something and he said "so... like half of all sci fi books?"

Maybe you need a hitchhikers guide to find it.

What is the premise of the book?

The book follows the story of a group of scientists who discover a way to travel through time. They use this technology to explore different eras and dimensions, but soon realize that their actions have consequences that could alter the course of history.

Who are the main characters in the book?

The main characters are a team of scientists, led by Dr. Emma Jones, who are responsible for the time travel technology. Other characters include a government agent who becomes suspicious of their activities and a mysterious figure who seems to have his own agenda.

How does the time travel technology work?

The time travel technology is based on a complex system of wormholes and quantum mechanics. The scientists use a specially designed device to open and control the wormholes, allowing them to travel through time and space.

What challenges do the characters face in their time-traveling adventures?

The characters face numerous challenges, including dealing with the consequences of their actions, navigating through different time periods and cultures, and facing unexpected dangers that arise during their travels. They also struggle with the moral implications of their ability to change the past.

Are there any underlying themes or messages in the book?

The book explores themes of responsibility, the butterfly effect, and the consequences of playing with time. It also touches on the ethical implications of technology and the dangers of trying to control the natural order of things. Ultimately, it raises questions about the impact of our choices and actions on the world around us.