Kitten Lovers: Cuteness Overload

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Evo
In summary: I screamed like a little girl and the animal control guy threw the bag over the cat's head and squeezed. The cat went limp in the bag. It was one of the scariest things I've ever done, but I made it out unscathed. So I'm not exactly scared of cats, but I am definitely cautios about getting scratched by them. In summary, Moonbear was telling the story of how her cat Ember is doing, and how she is going through the terrible twos now. She also mentions how Ember is teaching her how to throw around kitty litter, and how the stray cat that had kittens a few
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
This was just so damned cute, it deserved it's own thread.

Whenever I see cute kittens I can't help thinking of MIH, Tsu, Ivan, and Integral, and now Moonbear.

Moonbear, how's the kitty doing? We need an update!

This is quite the socially adept kitten, covering a yawn.

yawnmf9.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Likes rsk, curious__, Majorana and 8 others
Physics news on Phys.org
oh my goodness. I love those teeny tiny little spots!

Likes Lolaamaigatti04, AlexCaledin and theoristo
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That's adorable!

Ember is doing well, going through the terrible twos now. She's by my side wherever I go...trying to bite my ankles. Only I would get a kitten that acts more like a puppy. :rofl: She's figured out how to get around the "no walking on the coffee table" rule too...she dashes across it so she's off it before I can do anything about it! It's so obvious she knows she isn't supposed to be there and is blatantly defying those rules. And I think your cat has been teaching her how to throw around kitty litter. I just had to get her a larger litter box so she can't kick the litter out quite so far. :rolleyes: I got one with a lid, but haven't put the lid on it yet since it seems just having the higher sides is sufficient for now, which keeps it easier.

She STILL thinks 6:30 AM is time for waking up, but has at least learned to give up quickly and go play somewhere else.

I'd write more, but she's taking turns between walking across the keyboard and biting my fingers.

Likes Lolaamaigatti04 and (deleted member)
Moonbear said:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That's adorable!

Ember is doing well, going through the terrible twos now. She's by my side wherever I go...trying to bite my ankles. Only I would get a kitten that acts more like a puppy. :rofl: She's figured out how to get around the "no walking on the coffee table" rule too...she dashes across it so she's off it before I can do anything about it! It's so obvious she knows she isn't supposed to be there and is blatantly defying those rules. And I think your cat has been teaching her how to throw around kitty litter. I just had to get her a larger litter box so she can't kick the litter out quite so far. :rolleyes: I got one with a lid, but haven't put the lid on it yet since it seems just having the higher sides is sufficient for now, which keeps it easier.

She STILL thinks 6:30 AM is time for waking up, but has at least learned to give up quickly and go play somewhere else.

I'd write more, but she's taking turns between walking across the keyboard and biting my fingers.
Hmmm, Holy Terror sounds more appropriate than Ember. :tongue2:

Sounds like a smart little kitten. It will soon have you completely under control. :biggrin:

At least it's not going through the "flying Wallenda" stage that all my kittens go through. I normally have kittens flying through the air back and forth between the keyboard and the monitor for a couple of weeks.

Hah, I found this old post of mine from the Tiki Bar.

Evo said:
Bartender! A triple Moonbeast! Flaming umbrellas!

Darn kittens.

A stray had kittens a few weeks ago and the darn things are flying through the air like the Flying Wolenda's. Every few seconds a kitten goes flying across my monitor.

I'm sitting here trying to type and every few seconds I feel a dozen razor sharp claws penetrating my back and thighs. Of course gravity goes into play immediately and they start sliding down, ripping my flesh off as they go.

I'm allergic to cat scratches. I'm covered with bloody, swollen, itching, burning gashes over most of my body.

I brought them inside to protect them from the wild animals and chicken hawks in the neighborhood.

DAMN ANIMALS. (but they're so cute) They're at that anti-gravity stage where they move around like they're having trouble remaining attached to the ground so they have to walk around with their claws extended so they don't float off into space (which right now wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing!)

Re: OP - Just what Moonbear said - Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That's adorable!

So, Evo, what happened to the Kitten Wolendas? Moved on? You found homes? or they're still around?

Fortunately, kitten/cat bites and scratches don't bother me. During my last semester at university, I had to tackle a feral cat that got into the Engineering center. It was fast and ferocious. The animal control guy was wearing so much padding he couldn't maneuver, and no one else would get near the thing. So he looped it and I got the bag around it. But then it managed to get its head out the top before we could close. I tried to push him back in but he clenched his mouth down on my hand between the thumb and index finger. Ouch! But we got him in the bag.

Unfortunately, I couldn't take him because we already had 3 domesticated strays, and this guy was wild. He was euthanized a few days later. Fortunately, he didn't have rabies or other diseases.

Likes Lolaamaigatti04
Last edited by a moderator:
She's getting embarrassed about me bragging about her too much...just ran up and deleted everything I had just typed. :rolleyes: We just spent the last hour in the kitchen while she was playing with pieces of onion and garlic that fell on the floor while I was cooking. Definitely an oddball.

And yes, she's really smart. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten her the good kitten food that's supposed to be better for brain development. :rofl: She knows how to show up for just enough cuddling that I forgive her for all the rest of the trouble she gets into. She hasn't destroyed anything in the house...yet. And despite all her biting attempts and attempts to climb my legs, she hasn't broken the skin yet, so I can tolerate it.

:rofl: :redface: Oops...I think she just learned that trying to bite my fingers after I've been playing with hot peppers in the kitchen isn't a good idea. She just made an awful face after going after my fingers just now...I must still have had a little hot pepper on my hands! Poor thing. Maybe that'll put an end to the biting though. :rofl:

Likes Lolaamaigatti04
Those are some adorable little furballs. I myself just became a proud uncle to two tiny baby boys. The tabby is Gatsby and the white one is Snorkel. I hope the size of these pics aren't too huge, I don't know how to monitor that.

Attachments

• pic1.jpeg
    pic1.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,151
  • pic2.jpeg
    pic2.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,183
  • pic3.jpeg
    pic3.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,096
Last edited:
Likes Lolaamaigatti04
I find the middle kitten in Evo's picture to be the cutest. Something about the big headed curious kitten photo that I like.

Astronuc said:
Fortunately, kitten/cat bites and scratches don't bother me.

Even the 3am ones? Got a good one last night, woke up to a sharp pain in my ankle and both my cats were sitting at the bottom of the bed looking innocent so I didn't even know who to be mad at. It's a decent gouge on the inside of the achilles just below the ankle, not really something that would bother me if it didn't happen when I was deep asleep. The usual injury is from running over my sleeping self, as they appeared stationary I don't know what they were up too.

Those are absolutely cute. Too cute...

nocturnal said:
Those are some adorable little furballs. I myself just became a proud uncle to two tiny baby boys. The tabby is Gatsby and the white one is Snorkel. I hope the size of these pics aren't too huge, I don't know how to monitor that.
Awww, they're so sweet looking. :smile: I like the middle picture, but I think we need to make sure Zz notices the hat the one in the last picture is playing with. :biggrin:

nocturnal said:
Those kitties (and pics) are sweet and adorable.

shmoe said:
Even the 3am ones?
:rofl: I've never had a problem with cats biting or scratching in bed. I use to play with them before bed and I let them bite or scratch my feet or hands, but not to hard, although once in a while I'd get a good one. When I lived with my folks, I used to wrap my arm in a towel or blanket and let my moms catch attack my arm. :biggrin: I use to wrestle with the cat. My mom didn't like me doing that. :tongue:

Most of the time our cats sleep peacefully. My buddy, Chester, though likes to meow when he gets on our bed, no matter what time, then he feels to walk over to my face and rub his face against mine. That's fine when I'm settling down for the night (2200-2400), but it's a bit annoying between 0400-0600, when I prefer to be sleeping.

We used to have three cats, all of which have moved on. During the winter, all three cats slept with us, under the covers. Our two oldest (Calico named Pumpkin, and an Orange Tabby named Spencer) would sleep between my wife and me, and third (A mostly black Tortoise Shell named Pepper) would sleep on my other side - I didn't have a lot of room to maneuver.

We now have two cats (Orange Tabby named Chester and a mostly grey Pastel Tortoise Shell). Chester sleeps by my side at night, when he is not roaming, and Misty hangs out with my daughter, when she is not prowling for mice. Misty comes looking for me when she wants a vigorous back rub, or when its meal time. In the morning, Chester and Misty take turns trying to wake me up for breakfast. :biggrin: Chester tries to pull the covers off, or sticks his paw under the cover, trying to drag me out of bed.

Evo said:
This was just so damned cute, it deserved it's own thread.

Whenever I see cute kittens I can't help thinking of MIH, Tsu, Ivan, and Integral, and now Moonbear.

Moonbear, how's the kitty doing? We need an update!

This is quite the socially adept kitten, covering a yawn.

yawnmf9.jpg
Ohh what adorable kittens. I am waiting to get my new kitten, DANTE, today.

I made a little video of my three cats : Lilli, Silvio and Gioia...Check it out [MEDIA=youtube[/URL].

I know the editing/pasting is not perfect but i am just starting to learn this. I am going to follow a final Cut Pro course together with my cousin.

regards
marlon

Hee, Marlon, your cats all look really well fed! :biggrin: Don't forget to share pictures of Dante when he arrives!

I'm working on explaining to Ember the difference between MY mouse and HER mice...she keeps grabbing the mouse cord (she says "tail") and trying to steal MY mouse! She has a half dozen little fuzzy mice all over the house and she has to steal my computer mouse. :rolleyes:

Likes Krushnaraj Pandya
Omg how cute is the one with it's hand over it's mouth! xD *japanese anime voice* Kawaii! */japanese anime voice*

I just love cats =p.

Moonbear said:
Hee, Marlon, your cats all look really well fed! :biggrin: Don't forget to share pictures of Dante when he arrives!
I know. I am trying to get them to do more exercise. Just check out [MEDIA=youtube[/URL]

regards

marlon

Moonbear said:

I'm working on explaining to Ember the difference between MY mouse and HER mice...she keeps grabbing the mouse cord (she says "tail") and trying to steal MY mouse! She has a half dozen little fuzzy mice all over the house and she has to steal my computer mouse. :rolleyes:

:rofl: Does your camera take video? You should get that on video! I have a video of Aspen playing with a wad of paper in the bath tub when she was a kitten. I wish I had taken more video of her kitten antics.

Here's [MEDIA=youtube[/URL], he also is a Brittish shorthair like Gioia

marlon

edit : for all you non-polyglots out there, that song is composed by Brahms and is sung in German. Ja, ja, ins Deutsch, Guten Abend Gute Nacht,...

http://www.kleinkind-online.de/seiten/kinderlieder/index.htm

marlon said:
Here's [MEDIA=youtube[/URL], he also is a Brittish shorthair like Gioia

marlon

edit : for all you non-polyglots out there, that song is composed by Brahms and is sung in German. Ja, ja, ins Deutsch, Guten Abend Gute Nacht,...

http://www.kleinkind-online.de/seiten/kinderlieder/index.htm[/QUOTE]
Aww...aren't they cute when they're sleeping? I love how one minute they'll be making mad dashes all over the place, then suddenly, they just sit there and their eyes start closing and they can't even help it. Even Ember still looks sweet and innocent while sleeping. :rofl:

I think everyone recognizes Brahm's lullaby, even if we don't know the German words. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
I think everyone recognizes Brahm's lullaby, even if we don't know the German words. :biggrin:

Ohh, ok, i just did not know if this tune is famous in the US as well. Out here in Europe, everybody knows it...because we have been all put asleep with it :)

marlon

marlon said:
Ohh, ok, i just did not know if this tune is famous in the US as well. Out here in Europe, everybody knows it...because we have been all put asleep with it :)

marlon
Yep, same here. The song is played by probably half (likely well more than half) the infant toys meant for the crib.

[MEDIA=youtube]seclqmlxLic[/MEDIA][/URL]

Check out Dante again...now NOT sleeping

marlon

Evo, you're allergic to cat scratches too? I thought I was the only one. Cat scratches always seem to get pinker and puffier than others. Although I think insect bites swell up more on me than on most people so maybe I'm just a sensitive guy. I can play with cats all day and be fine on one condition, I can't touch my eyes after touching a cat. they swell up. Cats are the only animals to make my eyes itch.

Astronuc said:
This looks familiar :biggrin:

So sad...:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: poor kitty, Dante was so cute.

I'm unmoved by all these pictures. I went to http://cuteoverload.com/ a while back & pretty much burnt out those neurons.

Last edited:
larkspur said:
So sad...:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: poor kitty, Dante was so cute.

:cry: Now you made me cry too! :cry: Poor little fella! :frown:

Hi, For those of us who like cats, Here is a cute video on YOUTUBE.
Punch in "How to wsh a cat" . This is hilarious! The cat looks a lot like mine.
He is a 12 pound siberian named 'Ferocious".
The film is about 3 minutes long, after the credits. Worth the look!:biggrin: :biggrin:
Dan

Thrice said:
I'm unmoved by all these pictures. I went to http://cuteoverload.com/ a while back & pretty much burnt out those neurons.

oh oh oh my goodness...
happy_chinese_new_year_1.jpg

I like the Year of the Pig :approve:

p.s. I miss Dante, too. Bless his little kitty angel heart.

oo cute cats! keep them away from that erwin schrodinger though :P

http://oboz.ua/video/movie.php?dmM9NiZpZD04Nzc= [Broken] (speakers ON are must)

whatta said:
http://oboz.ua/video/movie.php?dmM9NiZpZD04Nzc= [Broken] (speakers ON are must)

I don't understand why people enjoy watching that video. :confused:

phintastic said:
oo cute cats! keep them away from that erwin schrodinger though :P

Apparently he wasn't a cat hater? thus the joke in my name fell completely apart.:biggrin: Oh well...

All cats are cute. Poor little Burger and Fries. Imagine being stuck in a cage with a big camera on you, and people you don't really know hassling you all the time, maybe he was from a broken home? We can't judge these kittys :smile:

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:
oh oh oh my goodness...
happy_chinese_new_year_1.jpg

I like the Year of the Pig :approve:

p.s. I miss Dante, too. Bless his little kitty angel heart.

Those piggies are soooo cute! Did you take a look at the bunnies??

babybun.jpg

forgeevness.jpg

0320oranged1.jpg

sproinger.jpg

Attachments

• forgeevness.jpg
    forgeevness.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 477
  • babybun.jpg
    babybun.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 449
  • happy_chinese_new_year_1.jpg