Discover the Magic of Mathematica7 by Wolfram

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter jnorman
  • Start date
In summary, Mathematica is an amazing piece of software that can do a lot of different things. It's a bit difficult to understand at first, but it's well worth investing the time to learn it.
jnorman
okay, this has to be the single most impressive piece of software ever created. i fooled around with it yesterday for about an hour before i was dragged away by my wife. my daughter's fiance (statisitical programmer) showed it to me, and the breadth of its abilities simply stunned me. by the time i got to the music generation pattern algorithms material, my tongue was lolling around like i had eplilepsy or something.

for those of you who already know this software, i would love to hear what you might be doing with it.

for those of you who do not know this software, you simply MUST check it out.

http://www.wolfram.com/products/mathematica/index.html

the guy (wolfram) who wrote it is surely a wizard of the first order...

Physics news on Phys.org
I'd hazard a guess that more than a few people will already have heard of Mathematica...

shoehorn said:
I'd hazard a guess that more than a few people will already have heard of Mathematica...
Yeah, it's awesome for drawing spiral sea-shells. what else can it do?

mgb - you must be joking. it would probably be easier if you were to try to think of something math related that it cannot do...

Mathematica is the most famous maths package - pointing it out on here is rather like asking if anyone in the engineering forum has seen this amazing new 'spanner' thing.

You could also search for the mathematica vs maple threads (I didn't know there was a new version out)

Last edited:
jnorman said:
it would probably be easier if you were to try to think of something math related that it cannot do...

Well, it can't make Stephen Wolfram not seem like an insufferable jumped-up little prick. Then again, I can't think of any conceivable piece of software that could...

What is Mathematica7 by Wolfram?

Mathematica7 is a computational software program developed by Wolfram Research. It is used for a wide range of mathematical, scientific, and engineering computations, as well as data analysis and visualization.

What are the features of Mathematica7?

Mathematica7 has a vast array of features, including symbolic and numeric computation, data visualization, programming capabilities, and access to various databases. It also has a user-friendly interface and extensive documentation.

How is Mathematica7 different from other mathematical software?

Mathematica7 stands out from other mathematical software due to its expansive capabilities, including the ability to handle complex symbolic computations, its vast library of built-in functions, and its user-friendly programming language, Wolfram Language.

Can Mathematica7 be used for education and research?

Yes, Mathematica7 is widely used in education and research fields. It is a powerful tool for solving complex mathematical problems and can also be used for data analysis and visualization. Many universities and research institutions use Mathematica7 for their projects and courses.

Is Mathematica7 suitable for beginners?

While Mathematica7 may have a steep learning curve for complete beginners, it has a user-friendly interface and extensive documentation that can help new users get started. Additionally, there are many online resources and tutorials available for learning Mathematica7.