Anybody else having problems with Google Chrome?

In summary, The conversation is about a problem with Google Chrome browser not connecting to webpages after installing Symantec Antivirus. The speaker tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome and then uninstalling Symantec, but the issue still persists. They are seeking help to fix the problem.
noblerare
Hi guys,

Is anybody else having this problem with Google Chrome browser?

It was working very well before. Then I installed Symantec Antivirus and all of a sudden Chrome does not go to any webpages, giving me the error:

Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): Unknown error.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome. That did not work. Then I just decided to uninstall Symantec to see if that was the problem. I uninstalled it and tried to reopen Chrome. It still does not connect to the Internet. I also have Firefox so I can see that my internet connection clearly works.

Can anyone help me to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Samuel

Computer science news on Phys.org

1. Why is my Google Chrome not working?

There can be several reasons why Google Chrome may not be working properly. It could be due to a corrupted cache, outdated browser, conflicting extensions, or network issues. Try clearing your cache, updating your browser, disabling extensions, and checking your internet connection to resolve the issue.

2. How do I fix Google Chrome crashing?

If your Google Chrome keeps crashing, try clearing your browsing data, updating your browser, disabling unnecessary extensions, and running a virus scan. You can also try resetting your browser settings or reinstalling Chrome.

3. Why does Google Chrome keep freezing?

Google Chrome may freeze due to a lack of system resources, corrupted data, or a conflicting extension. Try closing unnecessary tabs, clearing your cache, and disabling extensions to improve performance. You can also try updating your browser or restarting your computer.

4. How do I update Google Chrome?

To update Google Chrome, click on the three dots in the top right corner of the browser, go to "Help," and click "About Google Chrome." This will automatically check for updates and install them if available. You can also manually download and install the latest version from Google's website.

5. Why is Google Chrome so slow?

Google Chrome may be slow due to a variety of reasons, including a large number of open tabs, outdated browser, corrupted data, or hardware issues. Try closing unnecessary tabs, clearing your cache, and updating your browser to improve performance. You can also check your computer's hardware and internet connection for any issues.