Messed up my TI-89 somehow, don't want to reset, any suggests for {}?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter amb123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ti-89
In summary, the conversation discusses issues with a TI-89 calculator and the use of variables in equations. The speaker messed up their calculator and is now getting {} as an answer instead of the correct result. They realize that someone loaded programs into their calculator and now they need to use a different variable. They also question the need for differential equations and ask for an explanation on the difference between F=m*a and F=d(m*v)/d(t).
amb123
Messed up my TI-89 somehow, don't want to reset, any suggests for {}??

I don't know what I did, but now anytime my answer is going to be long, I get {} as an answer, nothing in between. Any thoughts?

:(
Angela.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Ok, it's only with variables other than x, like w.

amb123 said:
I don't know what I did, but now anytime my answer is going to be long, I get {} as an answer, nothing in between. Any thoughts?

:(
Angela.

Ok, sorry guys, I have found the problem. Someone loaded programs into my calculator and w now stands for wronskian, i'll need to use another variable.

thx.
Angela.

Can someone tell me why differential equations are needed?
I can calculate with integrals. There I know that I can calculate the Area.

F=m*a in F=d(m*v)/d(t) or something like that.
where's the different if I write F=m*a or F=d(m*v)/d(t)
Can somebody explan me that (and explain me, why m*a=d(m*v)/d(t))
(I know that a=s/t^2 and with that a=v/t)
Sorry for all these questions. arghh

because in general [itex]x, v, a, m,...[/itex] are not constants, they are time dependend (amongs other things).

1. How did you mess up your TI-89?

There could be a variety of reasons why someone may have accidentally messed up their TI-89. It could be due to accidentally pressing the wrong buttons, downloading incorrect programs, or even a technical malfunction.

2. Can you give more details about what exactly went wrong?

In order to provide the best suggestions for fixing your TI-89, it would be helpful to know exactly what you did or what you see on the screen. This will help determine the best course of action for resolving the issue.

3. Have you tried resetting your TI-89?

Resetting your TI-89 is a common solution for fixing any issues that may have occurred. However, if you don't want to lose any saved data, there may be other options to try before resorting to a reset.

4. Are there any troubleshooting steps you can suggest?

Before resetting your TI-89, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try. This includes checking for any software updates, removing any recently downloaded programs, and checking for any physical damage or malfunctions.

5. Is there a way to fix my TI-89 without resetting it?

If you don't want to lose any saved data or programs, there may be ways to fix your TI-89 without resetting it. This could include seeking assistance from a professional or reaching out to the manufacturer for support.