Does Matter Exist? Physics Explained

• Thread starter ReiaH
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matter
In summary: O.I guess thats what Im trying to say.Well, Is making an assumption that everything that moves generate heat, and slows down right?But matter would still exist, and there would still be residual heat due to HUPO.I guess thats what Im trying to say.
ReiaH
My knowledge about physics is rather limited, so I would appreciate if you could set this straight.

I just made an assumption that the concept of everything consists of smaller parts at different levels is a man made concept that derives from what feels natural in our day to day perception of things. What if everything is in fact movement in space and nothing else.

And then we know that if movement is present, space and time is the result of it for it to be able to happen. And that led me to think that if there is no movement in space happening both space and time sieze to exist.

So if: distance (space) = speed x time it would mean that if the entropi of the universe gets at its ultimate peak and all movement sieze to exist, both time and distance sieze to exist forcing everything into one point, sort of a big bang scenario?

Physics news on Phys.org
There have been hypotheses put forth questioning whether, if the universe had no mass, would space still exist?

Ive heard that there was an experiment of cooling down an atom with lasers until it disappeared and then reapeared. Interesting.

ReiaH said:
Ive heard that there was an experiment of cooling down an atom with lasers until it disappeared and then reapeared. Interesting.

Are you referring to Bose-Einstein Condensates?

According to the currently accepted models in mainstream science, matter, space, distance and time exist.

3trQN said:
Are you referring to Bose-Einstein Condensates?

Dont really know since I can't really find any source to it. But what I am thinking about will space still exist when the maximal level of entropi will be reached?

why would space not exist when max entropy is reached. It is just a measure of disorder in a system

FUNKER said:
why would space not exist when max entropy is reached. It is just a measure of disorder in a system

Well, Is making an assumption that everything that moves generate heat, and slows down right?

But matter would still exist, and there would still be residual heat due to HUP

1. What is matter?

Matter is anything that has mass and takes up space. This can include both visible objects, such as plants and animals, as well as invisible particles, such as atoms and molecules.

2. How do we know that matter exists?

Scientists use various methods to study matter and its properties. This includes observation, experimentation, and mathematical calculations. Through these methods, we are able to gather evidence that supports the existence of matter.

3. What are the different states of matter?

There are three main states of matter: solid, liquid, and gas. Solids have a fixed shape and volume, liquids have a definite volume but take the shape of their container, and gases have neither a fixed shape nor volume.

4. Can matter be created or destroyed?

According to the law of conservation of mass, matter cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed from one state to another. This means that the total amount of matter in the universe remains constant.

5. How does matter interact with energy?

Matter and energy are closely related, as stated by Einstein's famous equation E=mc^2. Matter can absorb, release, or transform energy, and energy can also cause matter to move or change state. This interaction between matter and energy is fundamental to understanding the behavior of the physical world.