Is Politics in Our Country Moving Towards Business Instead of Ideology?

• Thread starter mooberrymarz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    politics
In summary: That's too long to wait, you're going to have to be more pragmatic.In summary, this politician thinks that someone who wants to get into politics should major in political science. They think that politics is changing and that it is more about business. They think that oppositions are going to take a long time to be effective.
mooberrymarz
I am seriously thinking of going to politics. do u guyz think I have wot it takes??/ Would u guyz vote for me.! :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
*politician's answer*

That's a very good question and I'm glad you asked it. This shows you have an interest in something we should all be more involved in, and raises fundamental questions as to why far too many people display apathy towards politics. As your next elected Statesman I intend my top priority should be dedicated to do something about this matter. Thank you all !

go for it, if its what you truly want, you'll be good at it

mooberrymarz said:
I am seriously thinking of going to politics. do u guyz think I have wot it takes??/ Would u guyz vote for me.! :wink:
Today, politics is just as much about appearance as it is about content, if not more. This is very unfortunate but true. So judging from your photo in "the cutest gal/guy at PF" thread, you have what it takes. If you want to talk about content, why do you ask when we don't know yet what you stand for, what your program of desired achievements would be? You haven't informed us about that.

ure right Simon. I haven't really thought of much stuff I'd like to do but I'd like to be a part of some sort of women empowerment organisation. I'd also focus more on improving education in this country and with that a better health care system.I know I sound like every other politician... but I will be different, i may be corrupt but at least i know I will get the job done. :biggrin:

I wouldn't vote for you until I had more information. If I had to vote now I wouldn't vote for you.

This is because of the way you constructed your sentences. You used words like "wot" and "ure" which aren't the efficiency, maturity, and excellence I'd expect out of a politicians English.

No offense is intended by my respond. If you want to get into politics you shouldn't use that type of language on any online Interview sessions and I'd certainly hope you wouldn't use slang in typical conversation.

That's my opinion from the little information I have. I don't know that much about you unfortanetly. Good luck on your goal and remember that the little things count too. :wink:

You can be the next president! lol. John Kerry win nt election!

Try majoring in Political Science. That career path will lead more into a professorship.

Dooga Blackrazor said:
I wouldn't vote for you until I had more information. If I had to vote now I wouldn't vote for you.

This is because of the way you constructed your sentences. You used words like "wot" and "ure" which aren't the efficiency, maturity, and excellence I'd expect out of a politicians English.

No offense is intended by my respond. If you want to get into politics you shouldn't use that type of language on any online Interview sessions and I'd certainly hope you wouldn't use slang in typical conversation.

That's my opinion from the little information I have. I don't know that much about you unfortanetly. Good luck on your goal and remember that the little things count too. :wink:
My thoughts exactly!

i think I'll take your advice Dooga. it was a bit harsh... but I am A woman of STONE!

Hmm...nice!

Politics, esp. in our beautiful country, is quite a, a...hmm, need a word here, complicated?? :confused:

You see as I see the political landscape here (And I do believe I can comment because of my political history - well my families at least!) is a vastly changing one. Politics is moving away from struggle and more to business. I see this as a problem but I won't discuss this yet.

10 years back, elections came and all the politicians in power were stalwarts (with a communist type background) who had literally fought so to have a seat in parliament. They believed in an ideology of a system that would be greatest to all people (follow that??)

Today, business is the name of the game. I'm guessing you want to get into politics because of the good you're going to do for people. Hell, that's why I'm involved with politics (SRC etc...) BUT that ain't going to work in my view. People want results and if you're getting involved, you will be making decisions which you don't believe in but will be because of a deliverance structure. (get it?)

I am writing this after 5 hours of studying Maths so forgive me if there are toooo many points squeezed in a small amount of space. I will provide clarity om demand! :smile: :smile:

Anyway, I know you're a member of the ANCYL - good start! Oppositons aren't going to be effective here for another good 10 years at least so that is the best route if you are going to get involved.

1. Should I go into politics if I want to make a difference in the world?

It depends on your definition of "making a difference". Politics can be a powerful platform for creating change, but it also comes with its own set of challenges and limitations. Consider if your goals align with the realities of the political system before making a decision.

2. How do I know if I have the qualifications to go into politics?

There is no one set of qualifications for a career in politics. However, some common traits of successful politicians include strong communication skills, a passion for public service, and the ability to work well with others. It's also important to have a solid understanding of current political issues and policies.

3. Is it worth the sacrifices to go into politics?

This is a personal decision that only you can make. Politics can be a demanding and high-stress career, with long hours, public scrutiny, and the potential for personal attacks. However, many people find the rewards of making a positive impact on society to outweigh these challenges.

4. What are the potential benefits of going into politics?

Some potential benefits of a career in politics include the ability to influence policy and make a difference in people's lives, the opportunity to work on issues that align with your values and beliefs, and the potential for career advancement and public recognition.

5. What steps should I take if I decide to go into politics?

First, do your research and educate yourself on the political system, current issues, and potential career paths. Then, consider gaining experience through volunteer work, internships, or working on political campaigns. Networking and building relationships within the political sphere can also be helpful. Finally, if you decide to run for office, be prepared for a rigorous and often competitive process.