Noob Help: Editing & Deleting Posts

• Thread starter jamesabc
  • Start date
In summary, there is no specific "noob" section on this site, but you can easily edit or delete your posts by clicking on the button at the bottom right for 24 hours after posting. There is also no FAQ or beginner thread currently, but a user manual is in the works. The "Rules" link at the top of the page and the Forum Feedback and Announcements section offer helpful information for new users.
jamesabc
is there some noob section on this site?

like how to edit/ delete posts etc...

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

There is no "noob" section. You should notice however that any posts you have made will have the and edit button in the bottom right for 24 hours after you first posted. If you click on that its pretty straight forward to edit or delete.

thanks for the welcome

no noob section?

well is there some FAQ thread or beginner thread

jamesabc said:
thanks for the welcome

no noob section?

No, not yet. We're working on a user manual however that will compliment a FAQ thread later on.

There is a section where people go to poke the noobs, but it's top secret and you're too noob. :wink::smile:

If you try out almost any Vboard Forum their methods of editing will be pretty much the same if not the duration you can edit and so on, you can also find tags and special features to jazz up your posts although they may be slightly different from forum to forum generally. Many of the most common ones are doable from the menu from the new post button, or go advanced edit screen. You'll probably find that looking at other forum FAQs in the meantime will be pretty much like looking at a general instruction manual. I think pretty much most if not all forums are done in VBcode although I could be wrong.

Last edited:
jamesabc said:
thanks for the welcome

no noob section?

The "Rules" link at the top of the page has lots of good info. Be sure to read through it if you haven't already. There is also a lot of usefl info in the Forum Feedback and Announcements section.

What is the purpose of editing and deleting posts on a website?

The purpose of editing and deleting posts on a website is to allow users to make changes or corrections to their published content. This can help improve the accuracy or relevance of the post, or simply fix any mistakes that were made during the initial creation of the post.

How do I edit a post on a website?

To edit a post on a website, you will need to locate the specific post you want to edit and click on the edit button or link. This will open up a text editor where you can make changes to the post content. Once you are done with your edits, be sure to save your changes.

Can I delete a post that I no longer want on the website?

Yes, in most cases, you can delete a post that you no longer want on the website. The process for deleting a post will vary depending on the website, but it usually involves clicking on the delete button or link and confirming the action. Keep in mind that once a post is deleted, it cannot be recovered.

Is there a limit to how many times I can edit a post?

This will depend on the website's specific policies. Some websites may allow unlimited edits, while others may have a limit on the number of times a post can be edited. It is always a good idea to double-check your post before publishing it to avoid having to make multiple edits.

Can I edit or delete a post that was created by another user?

In most cases, you will not be able to edit or delete a post created by another user. This is to prevent unauthorized changes to other users' content. If you believe there is an error or issue with a post created by another user, it is best to contact the website's administrator for assistance.