Post Limits & Writing Equations in Forum

• Thread starter naftali
  • Start date
If you subscribe to a paid account, you can store up to 200 private messages.In summary, there are no post limits for non-subscribers on Physics Forums and users can post as much as they like for as long as they like. Additionally, there is a tutorial on how to write equations in the forum using LaTeX, with more in-depth resources available. For subscribed users, there is a limit of 200 private messages in their inbox.
naftali
Hi,

1. What is the post limits if I'm not subscribed (I can't find it anywhere)?
2. Is the a tutorial on how to write equations in the forum?

thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello naftali and welcome to Physics Forums.
naftali said:
1. What is the post limits if I'm not subscribed (I can't find it anywhere)?
There are no post limits whatsoever - you can post as much as you like for as long as you like.
naftali said:
2. Is the a tutorial on how to write equations in the forum?
You can typeset equations using LaTeX, which is the standard typesetting package used in academia. There is a brief introduction https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=96768&postcount=1". The post also contains links to more in-depth resources.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the answer.

Hootenanny said:
There are no post limits whatsoever - you can post as much as you like for as long as you like.

than what is "200pm limit" if you subscribe?

naftali said:
than what is "200pm limit" if you subscribe?
PM stands for "Private Message" where users can send private messages to each other (check the box in the top right-hand corner of your screen). If memory serves, the inbox of "Standard Users" can hold up to 50 messages.

1. What are post limits in a forum?

Post limits in a forum refer to the maximum number of posts that a user can make within a certain time period. This is usually set by the forum administrators to prevent spamming and maintain a healthy discussion environment.

2. How are post limits enforced in a forum?

Post limits can be enforced in various ways, depending on the forum platform. Some forums may automatically restrict users from making more posts within a time period, while others may give warnings or penalties for exceeding the limit.

3. Why are post limits necessary in a forum?

Post limits help to prevent spamming and maintain a balance in the amount of content being shared on the forum. This ensures that all users have an equal opportunity to participate in discussions and prevents any individual from dominating the conversation.

4. How do I know what the post limit is for a specific forum?

The post limit for a forum can usually be found in the forum rules or guidelines. If it is not explicitly stated, you can contact the forum administrators for clarification.

5. What is the importance of writing equations in a forum?

Writing equations in a forum is important for communicating complex mathematical or scientific concepts. It allows for a more precise and accurate representation of ideas and makes it easier for other users to understand and engage in discussions related to those topics.